Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor not picked up...

Options
  • 25-01-2012 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

Hi, I just completed my first pc build but the monitor isn't being picked up, and there are no beeps when I turn it on. Graphics card, processor fan, power supply are all going, but nothing comes up on the monitor :( The monitor seems to be working, but comes up as "No Signal"

Anyone know what the problem might be? Here's what I have in there:

ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3, Sockel 1155, ATX
    Intel Core i7-2600K Box, LGA1155
    ASUS EAH7970 3GD5, AMD Radeon HD 7970, 3GB, PCI- Express
    8GB-Kit Corsair XMS3 PC3-12800U CL9
    Cooler Master Silent Pro Series - 850 Watt
    Samsung EcoGreen F4 2000GB, SATA II (HD204UI) 8,9cm (3,5")
    Samsung SH-222AB bare schwarz SATA

Like I said it's my first build, so I'm not experienced with this at all! I looked at some youtube vids and read some guides and I really can't see where I went wrong.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Is the monitor connected to the graphics card and not the motherboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jonesy3110

i tried connecting to both. There are some red lights on the motherboard when I first start it but then nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jonesy3110

I took the graphics card out and tried it three times and it worked on the third time, but when I put the graphics card back in its not working anymore. It's also really loud when it's not working, but runs smoothly the one time I got it working. Is there something wrong with my vury expensive graphics card :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I just realised that you had a Z68 motherboard so you could actually use the dedicated card through the motherboard. You could try taking out the graphics card and connecting directly to the motherboard which might point towards a motherboard problem. Try different cable types or a different monitor/tv if you have it to ensure that it's not about compatibility with your monitor.

Advertisement