Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Year Leaving Cert?

• 25-01-2012 4:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭

Recently heard rumours that second years will be forced to do a normal 4th Year as well as 5th and 6th?? Not sure if it's true.. Just wondering really... Any one else here anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

I haven't heard about this tbh. I know that in some schools TY is compulsory due to numbers in the school and that but its not a nationwide thing, its down to the individual school really as far as I know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Very unlikely. There's no way the government's going to fund another compulsory year of education.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

not to mention all the courses are made for 2 years and theres no way theyre going to change every course to make them last three years...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Ya... Maybe it's just my school making TY compulsory :P thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Ya... Maybe it's just my school making TY compulsory :P thanks :)
    That would be be surprising - with the cutbacks many schools are actually scrapping TY altogether as they don't have the teachers to cover the classes.

• Advertisement

I strongly doubt my school will scrap TY.. Each year our Ty's have been really successful, They went on the Late Late Show for Mini-Company and on Ireland AM for YSI, and that just last year! :P It really is super important to our school and i really doubt they'll scrap it :)

Just found out today.. They are making TY compulsory for 2nd Years.. 3rd Years are forced into 5th Year.. :L The new TY will be part of the traditional TY (projects and what not :P) and students must also pick their TY subjects and start studying them! :D Thats why my year were asked to pick subjects! :P So they would be able to organise this a bit better! :D One strange thing though.. Is when second years are in 5th year there wont be any 6th Years! :O .. Teachers get a year off! :L

Advertisement