Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aslan - Tallaght Stadium, 30th June

Options
  • 25-01-2012 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭

Tickets are very steep. I hope it sells well though. Don't think I can afford it. Lots of Irish and international bands playing too. I'd say it'll be a good day/night. Gates opening at 1pm. Tickets on sale now through Aslans facebook bandstand for the same price as Ticketmaster but with some extras.

LO-RES-POSTER.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

Going to wait and see who the other acts are first to see if it's worth €50. They are brilliant live, so i still might end up going anyway.

The 2 presenters on fm104 today were saying that if the support acts they were told about are true, that they are big names, but they wouldn't say who. Hopefully it will be announced shortly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

50 euro!!! Insane price considering you could see them in pubs all over the country for max 10 euro or even free

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

50 euro!!! Insane price considering you could see them in pubs all over the country for max 10 euro or even free

If they are clever they wont announce any other big gigs before this gig , because some people will rather go see them for cheaper somewhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Generally their prices are €20 for pubs and €33 for Vicar Street or the Olympia. It's not just Aslan either. The other bands haven;t been announced yet. But seemingly they are big names too. I'm guessing it'll be like a one day festival.

If they are clever they wont announce any other big gigs before this gig , because some people will rather go see them for cheaper somewhere else

They're not doing the Olympia in March this year so that's pretty much their usual main gig gone.

Really hope they get some good bands for this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭rock chic

tickeks all bought and cant wait and i dont have far to go lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

€50 :eek:

Just to put some perspective on this ... recent-ish similarly priced gigs.

Kiss : €49.90 in the O2 - with a massive stage show.
    Rush : €57.90 in the O2 - with an outstanding stage production and a 3hr show showcasing unreal levels of musicianship and craft.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Jesus, stay away from Tallaght on the 30th June!!

It's good that they're using the stadium for stuff like this though.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 328 ✭✭thefly

Jesus, stay away from Tallaght on the 30th June!!

It's good that they're using the stadium for stuff like this though.

Well it's not called Tallaght Municipal Community Stadium for nothing.

They even host archery and American Football tournaments there too.:D:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

The last time I had the misfortune of being at one of their gigs...Dignam tells everyone to 'watch your handbags and wallets...me mates from Finglas are here' :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

tune into transmission on z103 on 2pm tune into this link

http://www.radiokerry.ie/training/radio.html

might have the support from christys mouth

so if you missed the show

KAISER CHIEFS ARE SUPPORTING ASLAN WITH ROYSEVEN AND RED EMPIRE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,430 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I guess the support will be a lot of Irish bands such as Original Rude Boys, The Coronas, Bressie (yer man from the Blizzards and the voice), The Rubberbandits

Thin Lizzy might also make an apperance because of there Irishness

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I guess the support will be a lot of Irish bands such as Original Rude Boys, The Coronas, Bressie (yer man from the Blizzards and the voice), The Rubberbandits

Thin Lizzy might also make an apperance because of there Irishness

KAISER CHIEFS AND MAYBE ONE MORE ;)

Kaiser Chiefs???? really? . Hard to believe they are supporting Aslan since they sold out Marley Park a few years ago

Jesus! They've done well there! No wonder tickets were so expensive :P

i was just as shocked when he said it

Id nearly just go for KC ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Gridlock wrote: »
    The last time I had the misfortune of being at one of their gigs...Dignam tells everyone to 'watch your handbags and wallets...me mates from Finglas are here' :rolleyes:

are you serious?! did he actually say that like it was some funny joke?! at least town will be safe the 30th with this scumbag* magnet out in tallaght

* some fans are scumbags, not all of course before i'm lynched

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Gridlock wrote: »

are you serious?! did he actually say that like it was some funny joke?! at least town will be safe the 30th with this scumbag* magnet out in tallaght

* some fans are scumbags, not all of course before i'm lynched
    You could probably knock a good shade off the crime rate if you dropped a bomb on the place.

• Advertisement

oi lads leave it from finglas myself small minded people

you should be banned

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Pepsicass

Yep! Aslan have just confirmed it on their FB page. First named special guests to be the Kaiser Chiefs! Am delighted!! :D

and i gave ye the excluisve on monday :) haha

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Pepsicass

So, go on - give us another exclusive! Besides Roy Seven and Red Empire that is!

Pepsicass wrote: »
    So, go on - give us another exclusive! Besides Roy Seven and Red Empire that is!

im on air in 35 minutes :P

with some new stuff from bruce springsteen maverick sabre

tune in ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

50 quid was way to much to ask for Aslan see they had to drop the ticket price, if I had bought one I would be pretty annoyed right now
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/1800483398C756E3?artistid=749316&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,098 ✭✭✭✭beertons

How much are they now?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

25 so cut the price in half

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

beertons wrote: »
    How much are they now?

Half price

• Advertisement

Any fans who have already bought a ticket should return their tickets to point of purchase, where they will be issued with a new ticket. They will be refunded the cost difference between the original standing ticket price (€49.65) or the original seated ticket price (€54.65) and the new €25 ticket price for all level of tickets. Booking fees still apply. This offer is also limited to ten days as per the purchase offer.
    From Ticketmaster outlets nationwide plus 24 hour Telephone Bookings - ROI 0818 719 300/ N. Ireland: 0844 847 2455 / International: +353 818 719 300 and Online Bookings at www.ticketmaster.ieTelephone and internet bookings subject to a service charge of €3.35 per ticket up to €28.50, 12.5% per ticket over €28.50 (Max €6.35) / Outlets €2.25.

Advertisement