Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aslan - Tallaght Stadium, 30th June

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Obviously tickets are not selling well

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Was a bit much alright. There'll be a boost in sales now I'd say. Gonna get tickets now. It's only valid untill the 10th of June and then they go back to normal price I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

id be shocked if they change the price back tbh keep it at 25 no hassle and it will sell out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Embarrassing, but 50 notes was astronomical for Aslan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

"How can I attract you at this craaaaaazy price? It's too high, yeah, it's too high..."

This is a considerable bungle on the part of the promoters. But then again, anyone who actually shelled out fifty blips for the show can now get five or six unexpected bonus pints in at the stadium instead. Bonanza!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Hifiman

This gig has just been cancelled! Poor ticket sales!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Hifiman

Hifiman wrote: »
    This gig has just been cancelled! Poor ticket sales!

Here's the link:

http://www.hotpress.ie/Aslan/news/Aslan-cancel-Tallaght-Stadium-gig/8965105.html?new_layout=1

Aslan have been forced to pull their 30th birthday gig in Tallaght Stadium due to poor ticket sales.
    “We’re all devastated, making the decision to cancel the show has been incredibly difficult and we are truly sorry to the thousands of fans that were looking forward to celebrating with us on June 30,” rues Billy McGuinness. “It’s a real sign of the times, we did everything we could to make it work. It costs a lot to run stadium shows, you look around and many of the big shows seem to have difficulty selling these days. People just don’t have the spare cash. We tried our best but it just wasn’t to be. We’d have loved to have celebrated our 30 years in such a huge way, but we will find another occasion to do this with the Aslan fans.”
    The band last week cut ticket prices by 50% to try and enable fans in difficult economic circumstances to purchase tickets, but sadly their wasn’t enough of a pick up to warrant the gig going ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭bobbyg

The fact they could cut the prices to €25 shows how much profit they were hoping to make from this, should have sold them at €25 from the start and it would have probably sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

aaahhhhh ... sanity is restored.

Not really a shock? They would have been better of doing a big O2 show instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

Playing in THE INEC Killarney on the 16th of the month..ticket sales must be poor also as on FB today "buy one ticket get another free promotion..valid until next monday..just might be tempted now,

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

To be fair they're a victim of their own lower standards (then again they have to make a living), but when you see them playing college balls and pubs on your street corner you're hardly going to pay 25 let alone 50 for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭rock chic

pissed off its cancelled was soo lookin forward to it cant understand it they a brilliant band live and appeal to the masses :mad:

rock chic wrote: »
    pissed off its cancelled was soo lookin forward to it cant understand it they a brilliant band live and appeal to the masses :mad:

They are nowhere big enough to sell out a stadium , anytime they play Dublin they do Vicar Street(2000 capacity approx) or Olympia (1600) so its a massive jump from that to a stadium which i presume would be about 15,000-20,000 capacity . Also they play everywhere all around Ireland during the year . If they would have only played the Tallaght Show for the rest of the year then tickets could have been better making it more important show . But they did the silly thing of playing loads of places

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

rock chic wrote: »
    They've been crap the times I've seen them and having 1 well known song isn't appealing to the masses. They're just not big enough for anything bigger then 4000 at a push

• Registered Users Posts: 9,256 ✭✭✭squonk

Yeah, their debut album was great but it all went downhill from there. They had a few good singles over the years but put out an awful lot of ****e too. I wouldn't be paying 25 to see them. I saw them for I think it was a tenner here in Galway last year. I have a lot of time for them though. They're a good bunch of lads and work very hard and deserve to have a living out of the business but 50 lids was an unreal price. At least they tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DubGibba

Just to note I don't think the price of tickets or the other Acts on the bill had anything to do with the lads,it was all down to the promoter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

DubGibba wrote: »
    Just to note I don't think the price of tickets or the other Acts on the bill had anything to do with the lads,it was all down to the promoter.

Howiyeh Christy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Nonsense. If they didn't like what the promoter was doing, they could have walked away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

well when the promoter was going to make huge losses because nobody bought tickets, i'm sure it was their decision. they probably made a big loss already. outdoor, stadium gigs cost a fortune to make happen and no way in the world is aslan a good enough or big enough band to headline one.

sorry christy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Aslan are not big time if Bruce Springsteen or Tina Turner etc came into town there tickets would sell like hotcakes
    Aslan should stick to local pubs :D

421466_385069321553065_1262080331_n.jpg

Advertisement