Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops that have ceased trading in Bray

• 25-01-2012 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

It was touched on, on a previous thread however I thought I'd open this up so that people can inform the community of shops etc that have recently shut down, and provide speculation as to who might take over that business.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

I'd love to know what business are left in the business parks on Kilarney/Boghall?

I know Schering Plough has gone...anyone know of new plans for this site?

O/T seems a bit of a clutter to have one thread for shops opening and one for shops closing in Bray but hey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

Looks like the Fuji Shop on the main street has closed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭insomniac86

This hasn't been used in a while but I thought I'd add to it with a few of the shops I've noticed gone since my last post

Office Supplies on the Florence Road
    Ledwidge Bros
    Crown of India on the Main Street
    Olde Bray Inn
    Linos on the Station Road

Ophiopogon wrote: »
    I'd love to know what business are left in the business parks on Kilarney/Boghall?

I know Schering Plough has gone...anyone know of new plans for this site?

O/T seems a bit of a clutter to have one thread for shops opening and one for shops closing in Bray but hey

I agree about the clutter but one of the mods wasn't too pleased when a discussion about some shops closed down was on the new shops page. I'm not going to argue with him over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

This hasn't been used in a while but I thought I'd add to it with a few of the shops I've noticed gone since my last post

Office Supplies on the Florence Road
    Ledwidge Bros
    Crown of India on the Main Street
    Olde Bray Inn
    Linos on the Station Road

Should be noted that at least two of those were due to the proprietor passing away (Ledwidge's and Office Supplies). Lino's was immediately reopened as Capri.

• Advertisement

Should be noted that at least two of those were due to the proprietor passing away (Ledwidge's and Office Supplies). Lino's was immediately reopened as Capri.

Capri is run by someone else and as for the two unfortunate people who passed away I felt it cold to add that on the list but it is always sad to lose people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Capri is run by someone else and as for the two unfortunate people who passed away I felt it cold to add that on the list but it is always sad to lose people.

Ah, maybe so. It's just that it would be easy to assume all businesses that close are due to commercial reasons, but that's not always the case.

Advertisement