Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access Mailbox Via National Number

Options
  • 25-01-2012 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭

I know about 08x 5 1234567

Is there a national number that I can call to access my o2 or vodafone mailbox? I used to have a tipp/limerick number that I could use to access digifone. These are commonly referred to as backdoor numbers.

Seems common enough in the usa .....
    http://bridog.net/cellular/voicemail-access-numbers/

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

eirman wrote: »
    I know about 08x 5 1234567

Is there a national number that I can call to access my o2 or vodafone mailbox? I used to have a tipp/limerick number that I could use to access digifone. These are commonly referred to as backdoor numbers.

Seems common enough in the usa .....
    http://bridog.net/cellular/voicemail-access-numbers/

It is available in the US because the telecoms regulator have a system where your given a number for your area so it won't make any difference to their systyems and doesn't cost them as its not transmitted wirelessly. There is no way of knowing if your ringing a mobile or a landline in the US and mobile users pay to receive calls, unless you have a specific plan. Therefore, mobile operators have only to charge to receive calls and those making the calls don't pay anything only the 1c or whatever.

I don't know of any dial in voicemail numbers, however many corporate companies have their own systems and dial in voicemail numbers.

Comreg usually only provide mobile numbers to mobile operators, so there is unlikely to be a geographic number to access your voicemail. Some operators may get geographics but there are regulations regarding it etc

**Even if you could use a geographic voicemail access number, due to the recent phone hacking scandal, those numbers wouldn't be allowed to be in use, without further setup by the customer etc.

Advertisement