Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CampingCard ACSI

• 25-01-2012 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi got my ACSI CampingCard book in the post today.

Its two books this year, seperate one for France, Italy, Portugal and Spain.

Its a pity that there are only 3 Irish campsites in there, why aren't Bord Failte promoting this. I thought from the news lately that they wanted to promote Irish tourism.

Planning my sites for France in May :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭SARZY

Its the campsites who wont join.

€16 for a night off season is not enough for them.

Hundreds of thousands of our continental 'brothers and sisters' who buy the card can only conclude that Campers in general, are not welcome in Ireland.

Its in that area that Bord failte could get involved But the campsite owners are happy, it seems, to continue charging landlocked Irish top rates while driving those who venture from abroad to vow never to return.

I like yourself, have my card, and am planning my trip to places that are delighted to see me with my €12, €14 or €16.
    Happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭WildWater

Do they not get that 2 or 3 x €16 is better than 0 x ~€30? Seams easy maths to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭irishllanaber

We are travelling to France on 19th June (approx) for one month.Two adults two children. Is it worth buying the card for that time period or is it more for off peak times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭niloc1951

We are travelling to France on 19th June (approx) for one month.Two adults two children. Is it worth buying the card for that time period or is it more for off peak times.

Lots of French sites run the ACSI prices until the start of the first weekend in July

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭HereAndThere

Definitely worth it. First place we stayed in last year 1077 (Lez Eaux) was a lovely spot near Granville and the Acsi is excepted there till the 30th of June.

This year they have the campsites categorized by colour as there is alot of info in the book.

Yellow - Lively
    Green - Relaxing
    Red - Sports and Leisure
    Blue - Comfortable base

Don't know how accurate these are yet till we go this year, but judging by the places we stayed before they where accurate enough.

Make sure and use the Aires aswell. (vicarious Books - All the aires France)

• Advertisement
Advertisement