Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airtricity Deposits??

Options
  • 25-01-2012 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭

Prob posting in the wrong section but have a question about deposits for Airtricity.

Thing is, my 2 housemates (couple) are moving out this Friday, one has her name in the airtricity account and wants me to take it over until the landlord finds some new tennents which is fine, but, I just rang Airtricity there to find out what we need to do. Truns out I have to pay a deposit of €200 to take over the apt's account. I explained to the nice lady in Airtricity that I would not be paying this deposit as I didnt pay the deposit in 2010 when I had an Airtricity in my name at another address cause I was paying by direct debit, and waste of money, yada yada yada, have to pay.

Now, I do not have €200 to spare for this deposit and no one to ask for a lend, the landlord is out of the country for the next few weeks and Housemate wants this taken out of her name so she can set up her own a/c with them in their new place(understandable).

WTF do I do here? Do all electric companies look for the deposit of €200 still? Am I better to go with someone else?

Kinda p!ssed off as I am not staying any longer than 2 more months in the apt myself and dont want more bills in my name.

Any sort of help would be great!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Ring up again. Get someone else.
    Give your previous account number from the other address.
    If you had a good paying record on that account they will allow to you have an account without deposit.
    You got a lazy customer service rep.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Rory1

Ring Bord Gais and ask can to open a 'Level Pay' account. You pay the same amount each month and they true it up at end of year. No deposit required for this account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Thanks for that. Not going near Airtricity again, that woman was very rude and didnt do anything for me. So I had a look at other options and seems ESB are the best. No deposit required if paying by DD (which is against the law according to Airtricity!).

So will get house mate to cancel Airtricity before she leaves, get all the last readings and call ESB back up and set that up over the phone, pretty straight forward.

Sorry, had a complete panic earlier with the €200 deposit rubbish, needed some advice.

Advertisement