Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doodle 4 Google Competition Entry - Please help!

• 25-01-2012 5:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32

Fixed the link to vote!

Hey guys.

I am so happy that I am one of the 75 finalists who got through to the finals of the Doodle 4 Google Ireland competition!

<snip>
    If any of you don't know what kind of competition this is, it is where students from different schools across the country design their own Google logo related to the chosen them, and the winner with the most votes will have the privilege to have their own design shown on the Google homepage for 24 hours! :D

Please try and help me out, not only to try and get my design on the homepage, but I can also win a €12,500 technology grant for my school if I win.

<snip>

Thank you!
    Theme: "I Wish..."
    Title: "Turning Back Time"

doodle4google3.jpg

TOOLS USED:
    -4B/5B Pencils
    -Acrylic Paint
    -Black Pen
    -Wacom Bamboo Tablet
    -Photoshop CS5

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

That is very nice.

....but if see another I prefer I will vote for that. ;)

(your link is broken BTW)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

I reckon it was the best one in your group anyways!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32 PTheArtist

Okay I fixed the link!

And thanks guys! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Aboy the kid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

Just noticed this won, huge congrats. Its well deserved.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Threads merged. Please don't create multiple threads on the same topic.

I'm wary of people coming here to simply look for votes - this is a discussion forum and not FaceBook. If you would like to show your entry, for discussion or critic, please do. Don't simply drop a voting link and disappear.

As a result I've removed all the voting links. If people want to vote then they can do so themselves.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Not to worry. :)

Boards is a community, we welcome discussion on pretty much every topic.
    However the site (well the whole internet) has a big problem with span so we take a pretty strong line with it. People signing up to promote something is usually a bad sign. Think of the social dynamic as a social club or a large group of friends down the pub. Newcomers are welcome - unless they're trying to sell you something.

Usually if a regular poster, who is established in the community is involved in something and would like to promote it, forum moderators are happy to let such publicising go ahead - once it's been cleared with them first of course.

Additionally there are a lot of Boards projects, the Photography Forums Photo Book for example which is used to raise money for charity.
    Posters often promote such events in their signatures.

Welcome to boards, jump in and get involved. We're a friendly bunch, unless you dislike mustard.

Advertisement