Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dropping out of college and returning where you left off?

Options
  • 25-01-2012 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

quick question. i dropped out of college 2 years ago, i was in second year. i didnt officially quit. i just never showed up anymore. could I, on my own costs of course, go back and start in second year again. college was ucc if that matters at all. thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

no.

if you had not just walked away and didnt tell em you might have choices, but now your only ones are to go back to the start paying full fees for the years the government payed for you..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Tibialmario

hmm ok well the fees are not a problem, it just feels stupid to have to repeat a year, that i have successfully passed. obviously at the time i had no intention of returning. so you think i would have to redo 1st year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

yes you dropped out. youll have to start again, now this will all change if you get in contact with the institution and possible have grounds to get some compassionate leave or something, youll have to ask, but id be very surprised if they let you skip first year

ok thanks for the info, i will send them an email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

If you've already passed first year of the course, they can't make you do it again (unless the content has drastically changed). Did you ever formally deregister tibialmario? Get on to the course coordinator and the admissions office and see what they say.

• Advertisement

Hi There, thanks a lot for your reply, i rang them after reading your comment and they said the same as you, that because i have passed first year, i could go straight into second year, :D

Advertisement