Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Electron & Aer Lingus!

• 25-01-2012 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Been booking loads of flights with Aer Lingus lately (doing a few trips & arranging a stag!)

I'm sick of paying this handling fee, €6 per flight. How do you get a Visa Electron Card or do they do them in Ireland??

I just read an article in the Examiner from '09 that Ryanair moved to prepaid Mastercards because the Vise Electron is not available in Ireland. If this is true how are Aer Lingus still getting away with Visa Electron??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

del 1 wrote: »
    Been booking loads of flights with Aer Lingus lately (doing a few trips & arranging a stag!)
    I'm sick of paying this handling fee, €6 per flight. How do you get a Visa Electron Card or do they do them in Ireland??
    I just read an article in the Examiner from '09 that Ryanair moved to prepaid Mastercards because the Vise Electron is not available in Ireland. If this is true how are Aer Lingus still getting away with Visa Electron??

Eh, that's not the reason Ryanair moved their fee free payment option to prepaid Mastercard. Could you link that article?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 del 1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

That article does not say that the reason Ryanair ceased Visa Electron as a free fee payment method is because of its non-availability in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 del 1

That wasn't my question.

Advertisement