Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Report post on PMs?/Blocking PMs?

Options
  • 25-01-2012 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭

Does the report post work on PMs?
    Is there a way to block PMs from users alternatively?
    Reported pure abuse from an alt account of fireman because he was just that outraged over this:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056526093

which was doubly odd because I thought his reply in that thread was banter when I saw it. Apparently not though. Since he then PMed me "well **** stain,whats the craic ,sado?" with the subject handicap, from an acccount with no posts in the last ten months. It has a similar distribution of posts in the same forums though, and I dont think I've p!ssed anyone else all that much - so it's definitely him.

Anyway I clicked the report post thingy on it when I got it a couple of days ago. Usually there is a comment or something on a thread within a few hours, so I was wondering if the PM equivalent isn't hooked up or something. No indication it got sent anywhere.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Anyway I clicked the report post thingy on it when I got it a couple of days ago. Usually there is a comment or something on a thread within a few hours, so I was wondering if the PM equivalent isn't hooked up or something. No indication it got sent anywhere.

There won't be a comment left on-thread unless someone proves the connection between the accounts.

If you reported the PM, an Admin should have seen it and dealt with it. Some posters have been having complications with their e-mail alerts though, so it might be worth reporting it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

There won't be a comment left on-thread unless someone proves the connection between the accounts.

If you reported the PM, an Admin should have seen it and dealt with it. Some posters have been having complications with their e-mail alerts though, so it might be worth reporting it again.
    Thanks. Re proof: The post patterns are similar, and are unusual enough that it wouldn't be a coincidence.

http://www.boards.ie/search/?u=366117&sort=newest

http://www.boards.ie/search/?u=332593&sort=newest

I wasn't even registered the last time the other account posted anything.

Didn't mean there should be a comment on the forum thread necessarily. Just was contrasting the fast responsiveness there with the non-indication of it working in this context.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Is there a way to block PMs from users alternatively?
    Add them to your Ignore List and they won't be able to PM you

Advertisement