Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swords Show

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

looking forward to it. was at it last year for the first time sine 2004. might get some fly and sea gear this year.....i have too much coarse and pike gear!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Hopefully it'll have improved a bit, the last few years it's been quite meh. But still, bargains to be had!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Used to go with my Da all the time, hope he's up for goin this year, over the past year or two we've been doin more fishing than we had done in about 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

Was never at this before but going this year,just went into the link there,whats the story with tickets?? can you just go up and pay on the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Was never at this before but going this year,just went into the link there,whats the story with tickets?? can you just go up and pay on the day?

Admission is at the door, last year was €12(I think) for an adult. Don't know if I'll be bothered this year TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I doubt i'll be going.

€12 is way too much for what it is, when you consider it was only a tenner to get into Go Fishing in England.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭allquestions

I was at it last year for the first time and thought it was great. There's a great selection of stalls and I got loads of little bits and pieces to keep me going all year. I thought some of the hooks and feathers were very cheap. As far as I'm concerned, it was a good day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

10euro for an adult is it not? was never at it!might go on the sunday

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Was at it last year and met Big Jack. Got to listen to a few talks, buy a few bits n' bobs so well worth a tenner. As Arnie says "I'll be back"

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭coolhandspan

Great day out imho , stuff is good value. demonstrations are top class. i will be going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

Admission is at the door, last year was €12(I think) for an adult. Don't know if I'll be bothered this year TBH.
    Was 10 Euro for adults last year, 5 for kids & OAPs and the parking was free.
    Was at it last year and met Big Jack. Got to listen to a few talks, buy a few bits n' bobs so well worth a tenner. As Arnie says "I'll be back"
    Jack was excellent, think that was 2 years ago, he was very friendly and spoke with everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭fiacha

Any reports from the show today ?

Planning on heading there tomorrow.

F.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭allquestions

fiacha wrote: »

F.

Just out of it after walking around all day. Load to see, great variety. There were some really good talks and picked up plenty of tips. Brilliant day! Well worth the €10!
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭jodie85

fiacha wrote: »

F.
    Best show ive been to. Great talk from Julian Chidgey about big pike and other big species he has caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

I actually went twice which is a bit creepy! The first time with my Dad because it was both our birthdays but he got a bit bored so we only stayed a couple of hours. And then on Sunday I turned up at 10.30 and stayed until 4.30. In that time I watched all the fly fishing demonstrations and plagued the APGAI folk in the field with questions and 'try before you buy' have a go sessions.

Charles Jardine was brilliant as always and really fired up my enthusiasm to get back on the water.

The first lady of salmon fishing, Glenda Powell, was very informative and patient although a great deal of what she said went over my head. I'm hoping to visit her lodge on the Blackwater, in fact I'm determined to.

I also met a great shop owner, Paddy of the Ballina Angling centre who was a gold mine of information about the Moy.

Finally I Won a large glass fronted wall piece featuring 9 flies tied by members of AGPAI which looks great!

Stupidly, not content with a few dozen flies for a couple of euro I ended up buying a Greys grxi 9' 9 weight for 80 euro on the way out. So I'll have to get some use out of it now. I can hardly use my 5 weight.

I'd say I got about 100 euro worth of free lessons so it was definitely a good trip for me, looking forward to getting out now! :D

Advertisement