Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot Dog Recipes

Options
  • 25-01-2012 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any mouth watering hot dog recipes they would like to share? Or which hot dog meat is the best to use?

Found this one:

The Chicago Hot Dog

1 Poppy Seed Bun steamed.
    1 pre cooked Beef Hot Dog
    1tsb of sweet pickled Relish
    mustard
    1 pickled Cumcumber sliced.
    Some onion diced.
    2 hot peppers
    1tsb of celery salt
    Half tomato cut in wedges.

dogfinish.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

Sounds good!
    1tsb of sweet pickled Relish

Where can you get this in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Good question. I couldnt find it in tesco. So i got Ballymaloe relish instead. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

Just checked there: americanfood.ie sells jars of it.

I'd go for a little shredded sauerkraut, sauteed onions and (German) mustard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Those onion chips, little bits of dried onion, are smashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭nicol

Any recommendations for a good quality hot dog that would be readily available in the major supermarkets??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Bun (warm), hot dog, mustard (Coleman's).

Nothing else - all you need!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Can't seem to get Jumbo Herta Franks in Superquinn anymore. Only the skinny ones. Are they still avail in Tesco? They're just about the only frankfurters I use for hot dogs. Unless if anyone can suggest otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Maybe not proper hot dog but i like to use Aldi or Lidls brockwursts. Cheap tasty and a high meat content

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

had to give up getting hotdogs in the house. the youngfella stank something rotten after them no matterwhat brand we got. the only other time something smelt as bad was when we started buying the really cheap dogfood for the dog.
    so hot dog sausages are just full of crap imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

I was routing around tesco for my ingredients and could only find pork hot dogs. I'm definetly going to try the ones from aldi or lidl next time. I wouldnt be mad about the cheap hot dogs you get in the tins, id say they are full of crap alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

foot long dog, soft roll, chilli con carne ladled across the top, coke - from a glass bottle :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I like a lot of flavours in my hot dogs! Dog, soft white roll, fried onions, sauerkraut, ketchup and mustard :D. Oh, I want one now...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Dog, soft white bun, and a relish made from mixing chopped jalapenos, ketchup and american mustard in a dish, fried onions optional.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jambo221

I don't eat meat any more, but I'd kill for a tofu dog :D

Does anyone put cheese on theirs? I used to love cheese, onions, ketchup and mustard on mine :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Tesco do a nice Southern Ranch Onion Relish thats very tasty on a hotdog. Well worth trying.

Advertisement