Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Options ...want to move away from UTV

• 25-01-2012 8:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭

I have hit the usage cap with utv. It's only the second time I've hit it in 2 years with them - but it's very very frustrating - and I'm NOT going to let them benefit from this practice by paying a supplement.

I've emailed them - asking what sort of notice they need - and how they want it. Now I need to decide who to move on to.

I'm in a provincial town - but I'm confined to bitstream providers. Anyone any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

I have hit the usage cap with utv. It's only the second time I've hit it in 2 years with them - but it's very very frustrating - and I'm NOT going to let them benefit from this practice by paying a supplement.

I've emailed them - asking what sort of notice they need - and how they want it. Now I need to decide who to move on to.

I'm in a provincial town - but I'm confined to bitstream providers. Anyone any suggestions?

Why dont you pay for "unlimited" 5.99

UTV have REALLY small download allowances by default.

I'm thinking of moving and considering VOdafone since I can get 24mb service from them for 55 euros which is close to what I am paying for my 7.6mb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Xcellor wrote: »
    Why dont you pay for "unlimited" 5.99
    They won't let me pay - until the following month!
    UTV have REALLY small download allowances by default.
    I think this is disingenuous. Either apply normal caps and charge accordingly - but this is misleading and causes nothing but grief for everyone.
    I'm thinking of moving and considering VOdafone since I can get 24mb service from them for 55 euros which is close to what I am paying for my 7.6mb.
    24mb not available in my area yet - but should be within the next 2 months. Do you know what the service is like with them these days? I know when they first took over from BT (I had them for 1 month), the lines were highly contended. Has this improved I wonder?

Advertisement