Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Redundancy after 4 consecutive short term contracts

• 25-01-2012 9:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

I have been teaching for 4 years in the same school on 4 separate short-term contracts. I have been replacing a teacher who was on a long-term career break but as of December, he has retired. I have been told that I am being let-go as of the end of the school year as teachers who retire are not being replaced.

It looks as though I will be moving to the UK to look for work as opportunities for full-time teaching work here are pretty dire.

Looking online, it seems that I would be entitled to claim for a redundancy payment.

Does anyone think I might be?

Thanks

Advertisement