Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin city pubs and clubs

Options
  • 25-01-2012 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Hi im travelling to dublin soon and will be out drinking and the usual social things.

Im just wondering are there some places i should avoid because they might be a bit upmarket for me.

I have only been to dublin a few times but i get the impression places like Krystle etc.. are a bit too "glam" and "vip" (ive never been in there btw)

I just want a good night out and not looking for a swanky celeb filled club.

Am i being a bit naive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Palace, d2, copper face jacks, bojos in village quarter.

Club nassau, baggot inn, dandelion, break for the border, kennedys around grafton st.

Turks head, purty kitchen, citi, madonnas, fitzsimmons, twenty one lounge in temple bar.

Cougars, church, good bits, north quays.

Buck whaleys, NV leeson street.

Plenty others but all mainstream music and not posey.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭johnnyjb

Thanks for the tips

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

liffeylite wrote: »

Club nassau, baggot inn, dandelion, break for the border, kennedys around grafton st.

Turks head, purty kitchen, citi, madonnas, fitzsimmons, twenty one lounge in temple bar.

You've genuinely recommended some of the worst places in Dublin. In fact, I think you've probably got the top 10 worst spots in Dublin in that post. Kennedys and Turks head are fine, maybe the Church or Baggot Inn too, although neither are my taste, but the rest of the list is bloody awful. I'm gonna take a guess that you are originally from outside Dublin...am I right?

OP - what kind of music/crowd/place are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Tusky wrote: »
    liffeylite wrote: »

You've genuinely recommended some of the worst places in Dublin. In fact, I think you've probably got the top 10 worst spots in Dublin in that post. Kennedys and Turks head are fine, maybe the Church or Baggot Inn too, although neither are my taste, but the rest of the list is bloody awful. I'm gonna take a guess that you are originally from outside Dublin...am I right?

OP - what kind of music/crowd/place are you looking for?

Ha, i didnt say they were my kind of places. I just tried to list a few main stream music places as it seems that is what the op is after. Feel free to post some better alternatives though :-)

johnnyjb wrote: »
    Im just wondering are there some places i should avoid because they might be a bit upmarket for me.

Cafe en Seine
    Pink on Dawson st
    The exchequer
    Lilly's bordello

can't think of any more right now....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Decky82

Try Fitzgeralds, nice food and cheap beer :)

Advertisement