Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Lecture Days?

• 25-01-2012 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi there,

Wondering about the Leaving Cert Lecture Days, the all-day seminars around the country where €75 gets you a day's lecture and notes? My son could use fresh notes for Geography and Biology, but we're wondering if any teaching takes place or are you just among 100 people getting a bunch of pages which you'll have to digest in your own time?
    Any response from students who've attended would be appreciated, along with suggestions for any sites helping those two subjects.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TG860

I went to their English seminar last year and I definitely found it beneficial.
    The notes book they gave me was very useful,you could even argue the notes book was worth the cost of the seminar itself...

With regard to the day itself, teaching does take place..
    Generally what happens is they pick certain areas of the course to look at and they'll cover those throughout the day (and it's not just reading straight from the notes,they'll make their own points too)
    They are pretty engaging and open to questions too, which is handy if your son is unsure about something his teacher/they said and wants to clarify

The numbers at the one I went to was only 20-30 people,not sure if that's usually the case though.

If you are looking at going I'd recommend he asks his friends if they're interested (or maybe ask his geo/biology teacher to try to organise a group from the class) because it's only 50 euro per person that way (think our group was only something like 4/5 people).

Didn't do geography or biology so can't really help with that (although I heard the eircom study hub is supposed to be pretty decent).

Hope that helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 motorways

TG860 wrote: »
    I went to their English seminar last year and I definitely found it beneficial.
    The notes book they gave me was very useful,you could even argue the notes book was worth the cost of the seminar itself...

With regard to the day itself, teaching does take place..
    Generally what happens is they pick certain areas of the course to look at and they'll cover those throughout the day (and it's not just reading straight from the notes,they'll make their own points too)
    They are pretty engaging and open to questions too, which is handy if your son is unsure about something his teacher/they said and wants to clarify

The numbers at the one I went to was only 20-30 people,not sure if that's usually the case though.

If you are looking at going I'd recommend he asks his friends if they're interested (or maybe ask his geo/biology teacher to try to organise a group from the class) because it's only 50 euro per person that way (think our group was only something like 4/5 people).

Didn't do geography or biology so can't really help with that (although I heard the eircom study hub is supposed to be pretty decent).

Hope that helps :)

Cheers, that's something to go on, much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 lauzie2011

Does anybody know anything about their accounting or geography lecture days?

Advertisement