Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions for a place for a family dinner (northside)

Options
  • 25-01-2012 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Have a family celebration coming up soon, about 20/25 people, anyone reccomend a nice not too expensive restaurant/hotel on the Northside (clontarf, raheny, artane, santry, fairview, drumcondra kinda areas)

maybe a good early bird

know many of the places, just wondering if there is somewhere I've overlooked anywhere

cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

Was at 2 do's recently in northside hotels,

First was in the Crown Plaza in Santry, and the other was in the Carlton Airport hotel. (Old airport road)

Both were excellent hotels and the second in particular had fantastic food, and plenty of parking too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

http://www.washerwoman.ie/

Glasnevin, nice spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

If Malahide isn't too far out then there's Oscar Taylors.

Been there lots of times and never had a bad meal yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Ray von

Try 1014 restaurant in clontarf, Lovely food.

They do a good early bird and sunday menu.

Never had a bad meal in the place!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

http://www.washerwoman.ie/

Glasnevin, nice spot.
    GREAT spot you mean, love this place.
    chughes wrote: »
    If Malahide isn't too far out then there's Oscar Taylors.

Been there lots of times and never had a bad meal yet.

I was there in November.

Absolutely abysmal. Got the done-ness of three different steaks wrong.

horrible, cold soup.

Half the menu not available.

Now, I hadn't beein in a few years, and was raving about it to the OH, as she'd never been, so we all went for a birthday - allof my family, expecting lovely food, great atmosphere as we'd experienced in the past.

Nothing like it. Rude staff, bad service.

I was extremely upset and disappointed that it had ruined my memories of the place. And embarrassed. I was embarrassed to have recommended this place so highly, only for it to turn out so, so bad.

I will never be going back, and I would ceetainly warn anyone else off going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Fagan's Pub in Drumcondra.

Decent menu, plenty of space, good carvery, heated smoking area out back, easy to get to, bank machine next door, taxis pass by all the time...can't really go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭FensterDJ

thanks for the suggestions, the washer woman looks interesting, i'll check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Dublin Mark

Have you tried Roganstown? They have a room at the front of the hote and do negoatiate!

There is also the Windmill in Skerries, which is a new restaurant - really nice!

Third place would be Mastersons in Swords

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭d3exile

1014 and kinara are great spots on the sea front in clontarf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭droidus

Yes, Kinara is amazing. they have a very good value lunch menu till 4.

The washerwoman is underwhelming IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Ernest

Well worth trying McHughs Bistro in Raheny just off the Howth Road. A great favourite with local people there. For a family group they have a nice "snug" giving reasonable privacy while still within the restaurant

http://www.mchughs.ie/dine/

Advertisement