Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sugar Ray Leonard v James 'Lights Out' Toney at 160lbs

• 25-01-2012 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

SRL v Toney....who wins

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,778 ✭✭✭✭walshb

SRL v Toney....who wins

Lovin' it.

Well, Ray could steal this by hitting and moving. We have one fight to go on for Ray at 160 lbs. His win over Marvin, a very close fight over an aged Hagler. I gave the bout to Marvin 7-5 in rds. Hagler looked very lackluster in that fight. Very sluggish.

Toney has size, good power, extremely tough. No way Ray stops him. This is a puzzle. It's Toney's to lose. He loves a man to come to him. Ray won't, but Ray will have to land to win, and Toney was so difficult to tag.

Nunn tagged him plenty. But, Nunn was fairly big, tall, fast and slick. Toney did a lot of landing on Nunn throughout. Great fight. And, Nunn had the height, speed, and range, yet James figured him out, and took him out.

Toney willl be the boss inside, but I see Ray refusing to engage for any inside battles for long enough.

Toney by razor thin decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

SRL by doing what RJJ done to him, too quick and good on the outside for Toney, very frustrating night for Toney here and only 1 result in my eyes.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

cowzerp wrote: »
    SRL by doing what RJJ done to him, too quick and good on the outside for Toney, very frustrating night for Toney here and only 1 result in my eyes.

No disrespet to Ray, but RJJ at 168 lbs is whole different ball game to Ray at 160, who was not at his peak, and in a weight not all that familiar to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭tryingmybestt

at 160lbs ray was not as light on his feet.....at 160lbs ray was nowhere near as quick on his feet as roy jones.....therefore i'd give toney a chance of catching up with ray and making it more of a dog fight....both were good on the inside

if toney could abuse ray enough to make ray want to come at toney and fight i'd give toney a good chance.....if ray keeps his cool and boxes it's very tough for toney but toney must be given a chance

at 160lbs ray was not as light on his feet.....at 160lbs ray was nowhere near as quick on his feet as roy jones.....therefore i'd give toney a chance of catching up with ray and making it more of a dog fight....both were good on the inside

if toney could abuse ray enough to make ray want to come at toney and fight i'd give toney a good chance.....if ray keeps his cool and boxes it's very tough for toney but toney must be given a chance

But, when you look at the Hagler fight, it was Ray's foot speed that won that fight, even though I had it slightly for Marvin. Without Ray's fast feet, Marvin would have been a lot more effective. May not have been as quick as at WW, but Hagler sure had major issues with Ray's feet. I always thought Ray's feet in that fight looked great.

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    But, when you look at the Hagler fight, it was Ray's foot speed that won that fight. May not have been as quick as at WW, but Hagler sure had major issues with Ray's feet. I always thought Ray's feet in that fight looked great.

as i said ray's feet were not as fast at 160lbs or as fast as jones....i dint say they werent fast....

hagler is much slower than toney by foot at 160lbs...ray looked good against hagler because hagler was slower by foot than toney and also hagler was past his peak, ray was his last fight

as i said ray's feet were not as fast at 160lbs or as fast as jones....i dint say they werent fast....

hagler is much slower than toney by foot at 160lbs...ray looked good against hagler because hagler was slower by foot than toney and also hagler was past his peak, ray was his last fight

Agreed. Yes, Jones had fast feet too. Faster than Ray's? Not sure. And, he was bigger than Ray, had more power too.

This is one hell of a tough fight to call because of styles, and Ray's ability to move and keep away. He stands, and trades, and I think he comes off second best.

Toney @ 160 lbs sure could box with the best of them. He had some less than great performances, but also had very good days. So, on that good day, he will be a very tough fight for Ray.

Lovin' it.

Well, Ray could steal this by hitting and moving. We have one fight to go on for Ray at 160 lbs. His win over Marvin, a very close fight over an aged Hagler. I gave the bout to Marvin 7-5 in rds. Hagler looked very lackluster in that fight. Very sluggish.

Toney has size, good power, extremely tough. No way Ray stops him. This is a puzzle. It's Toney's to lose. He loves a man to come to him. Ray won't, but Ray will have to land to win, and Toney was so difficult to tag.

Nunn tagged him plenty. But, Nunn was fairly big, tall, fast and slick. Toney did a lot of landing on Nunn throughout. Great fight. And, Nunn had the height, speed, and range, yet James figured him out, and took him out.

Toney willl be the boss inside, but I see Ray refusing to engage for any inside battles for long enough.

Toney by razor thin decision.

i thought u picked ray to win ...did u change your mind?

i thought u picked ray to win ...did u change your mind?

No. At the end of the post I said Toney by razor thin decision. cowzerp has Ray to win.

No. At the end of the post I said Toney by razor thin decision. cowzerp has Ray to win.

aha ok

• Advertisement
Advertisement