Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 1 Component mod log.

Options
  • 25-01-2012 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭

So i wanted to make this log a bit more detailed but i lost some pictures so it is what it is.

i got the component rca jacks from a guy called "audio-spares" on ebay , cheaper locally but i wanted colour coding which i was having a job finding, anyway these are fine, little bulky but no problems.

so first we take the xbox apart, this has been done millions of times before so no pictures.

DSCF0039.jpg
    Holes drilled for the jacks and a DPDT switch, i know theres one hole too many but i had someone else do the drilling for me and thats what i got back.

DSCF0040.jpg
    xbox motherboard, everyone should know what this is by now.

DSCF0041.jpg
    the avip port underside, wires need to be soldered directly to this, 2 sets of points also need to be bridged for component to work, I used a DPDT switch so i could switch back to using a standard AV cable should i need to.

DSCF0049.jpg

Wires all soldered in, im no soldering master but it does work well so im not too bothered.

DSCF0053.jpg

job done, doesnt look too bad, had to use the spare rca hole for the switch in the end because i didnt check clearence beforehand and theres a cap in the way.

DSCF0052.jpg

view from the outside, camera didnt get the colours right but they are right.

finally comes time to test.

DSCF0057.jpg

wahey!, switch works too.

pinouts for anyone interested: http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=213487

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Very nice :cool: Is there much a difference in picture quality yeah? Excellent tv for gaming too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

ive been running this ghettostyle for about a month wired up with some scart blocks that id taken but i really didnt want to make those permanent so i ordered these and they only arrived last week with the christmas slowdown but yeah the picture is awesome, ntsc games like to run at 576p and the most of the dashboards run at 720p/1080i, xbmc will play back movies in 720p no problem once it comes in the right format or from a transcoding upnp server

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

I did similar mod some time ago. Nice one.

I would throw in SPDIF since you have the box opened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

if im honest ive nothing capable of taking spdif, the stereo i use is still using red/white rca and no real intentions to upgrade for the forseeable, when i do i doubt ill still be using this box.

Advertisement