Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spoofing

• 25-01-2012 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi folks, appreciate any help on this..

Whenever i receive an email to my gmail account my account automatically sends an email back, its from somewhere called sidirect.com. From looking on the net, i think its called spoofing? The message says.....

2011 Sdivert.com Boxing Day Sale Now

Do you want to buy a Christmas present for your family and friends? I
    just bought an iphone4 on this webiste: Sdivert.com the stuffs are
    fairly good and lead a a prevailing market price. You can buy the
    brand new and multi-function digital products here. In order to
    celebrate the coming christmas, from 23rd , Nov to 28th, Dec, they
    have various christmas decorations as free gift for you.

Merry christmas for you and your family in advance!

Anyway Google are absolutely no help and i cant figure out how to get rid of it, ive ran my malware and virus guard and nothing came up, its driving me nuts! I'm a bit slow with all this so if anyone has instructions on how to get rid if this id be greatly appreciative..:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

My first thought is to check if there's an auto-respond set up. Click on the little gear icon at the top left of the gmail page, select 'Mail Settings', and scroll down to 'Vacation Responder' near the bottom. See if that's been set up to automatically respond to people.

If it turns out to be that (actually, even if it isn't) change your gmail password right away (and anything else you use the same password for).

Also in the settings, check the 'Accounts and Imports' tab to make sure the 'send mail' address is correct, and check the 'Forwarding and POP/IMAP' tab to see if there's been a forwarding address set up.

Last but not least, if you scroll to the bottom of your inbox you'll see a link on the bottom right which reads 'details'. Gmail has a rather nifty feature which keeps a record of all logins to your account (so you can see if someone else has been logging in), allows you to log out anyone else who might be currently logged in, and you can tell it to show you an alert if it detects an suspicious activity.

Hope thats of some help!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭greenketchup

face1990 wrote: »
    My first thought is to check if there's an auto-respond set up. Click on the little gear icon at the top left of the gmail page, select 'Mail Settings', and scroll down to 'Vacation Responder' near the bottom. See if that's been set up to automatically respond to people.

If it turns out to be that (actually, even if it isn't) change your gmail password right away (and anything else you use the same password for).

Also in the settings, check the 'Accounts and Imports' tab to make sure the 'send mail' address is correct, and check the 'Forwarding and POP/IMAP' tab to see if there's been a forwarding address set up.

Last but not least, if you scroll to the bottom of your inbox you'll see a link on the bottom right which reads 'details'. Gmail has a rather nifty feature which keeps a record of all logins to your account (so you can see if someone else has been logging in), allows you to log out anyone else who might be currently logged in, and you can tell it to show you an alert if it detects an suspicious activity.

Hope thats of some help!

Perfect mate... That sorted it, thanks a mill..

Advertisement