Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corsair PSU Question

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

That should be fine but for the price you could get better. As for the nomenclature, builder=budget
    gamer=mid-range
    enthusiast=top range

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭donfarrell

superneat wrote: »
    That should be fine but for the price you could get better. As for the nomenclature, builder=budget
    gamer=mid-range
    enthusiast=top range

Better? Care to link? Please don't link to the german site :L

But we have to pay back ze germans!! :P Ya a lot of hardware is cheaper there but if you shop around and look out for sales you might get a deal on something a little closer to home.

I suppose better is all relative.
    Had a quick look and found one i would personally choose, over the Corsair.
    I've used lots of Corsair PSU's over time and find their quality is diminishing somewhat. They are still a great brand though, just a personal opinion.

OCZ have been making their PSU's better and better recently, and the new ZS series are scoring well in reviews.

THIS one is actually a few euro dearer after delivery, but from my own experience with the 550W version and the sheer number of awards the 650W has received, would steer me towards it.

In the "Golden Award" review from hardwaresecrets they say it managed to "pull 780 W from the wall", very impressive!!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭donfarrell

That's a very good price for that psu!
    I wouldn't hesitate to get it. I payed nearly that for the 550W version :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement