Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What a day!!

• 25-01-2012 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

Well I'm not impressed with my 40th birthday present from my dogs :o

I had an appointment this evening for Kerrie to do a glaucoma test, which was positive, she still has sight but the eye is in a bad way. She also has pretty bad fluid on the lungs and is now on diuretics.
    I get home to find my jazz really off colour, she refused dinner or any treats and moped around on her walk, then she poo'd and it was pure blood:eek:

She is now down in the vets on a drip and we have no idea what's wrong with her.

I am devastated for both of them:o

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Ahh bugger :( so sorry to hear. Hope they're OK in the long run.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope the news from the vets is better in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Salt001

That's a horrible thing to come home to,it such a shock.
    My dog had something similar,we got her from a shelter,only had her a couple of days when in the space of a couple of hours she went from a happy cheerful little puppy to one that couldnt walk,was throwing up and pooing blood.
    Rushed her to the vet,she was there three or four days,nerve wracking.
    The vet was great though and kept ringing me to let me know how things were.
    Thankfully puppy made a complete recovery and is chilled out on the sofa as i type :D.
    Sending good thoughts your way,hope you get good news from your vet soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

Oh no!

When I got Buddy after his first night home he was fine, into his first day/morning his mood changed, same ass poor jazz, his poo was just blood, I was so worried for him. Two days later he came out of the vets bouncing and not a bother on him!! They put it down to some kind of gastro bug which turned his stomach and made him have such a bad reaction to something. It hasn't happened again though thank god.

Hope all goes well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

Thanks everyone,
    In my head I know she'll be fine and she's in the right place I'm just a worried mammy I think.
    I also have the guilt and worry that she's all alone in the vet and she's such a social little dog :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

Ahhh you poor thing! Give Jazz a big auld kiss for me.

Ahhh you poor thing! Give Jazz a big auld kiss for me.

I will as soon as I get her home:)

I'm sure she'll be back climbing all over us and giving out to little dude for no reason by Saturday :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Firstly Happy Birthday!!!!

Second, I hope both are ok, also had a dog get some bug years ago and they pooped blood and got very sick, but as others said he got better very quick and lived a long and happy life.
    Fingers crossed.x

Thank you everyone for the positive stories, this is exactly what I needed :D

Jazz is the baby of my gang and probably the one I am closest to, usually by now I am curled up asleep, but I don't want to go to bed as my little hot water bottle isn't here :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

What a terrible birthday. I hope jazz is back in top form soon & all the rest of the crazy gang too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

( & Happy Birthday ! Hopefully you .& the dogs will have a much better year than the first few days of it )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I get home to find my jazz really off colour, she refused dinner or any treats and moped around on her walk, then she poo'd and it was pure blood:eek:

She is now down in the vets on a drip and we have no idea what's wrong with her.

My aunts dog was in the vets for a week on a drip about 3 months ago, seems like exactly the same thing, they never did figure out what it was and put it down to some sort of weird intestinal bug, he was right as rain though, it just seemed to run it's course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Happy Birthday BTJ

As above I have heard of more than one dog with similar symptoms and it turns out ot be a bug. A bit if TLC and she'll be flying again.

There is nothing you can do right now so why not pour yourself a birthday drink and try put your feet up. It'll help you sleep and you can toast Jazz' health!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

Happy Birthday.

Hope your baby will be home soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

Hope you get good news today :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Happy birthday for yesterday! I hope poor Jazz is feeling better today. There's a bug going around apparently - a few dogs in our park had it. :(

:D it's looking good that she'll be home today :D

She was ill overnight but thankfully no sign of any blood, they have had her out a few times today and she has eaten her breakfast. So just have to make sure she doesn't vomit again and she can come home :D

No idea what caused it, they think she probably just picked up a bug, but fingers crossed I'll have her running riot around the house this evening :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Great news.

Finally I can wish you Happy Birthday, it just didn't feel right last night when you first posted up about the dawgs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

Oh great news BtoJ:)

Happy birthday to you:)

Yay she's home!

A bit grumpy and quiet but so much better, the vet has put it down to a bug, got to keep an eye in her (and her deposits) for a few days but fingers crossed it's all over now.

Thanks for the support last night I was a bit of a mess :o

• Advertisement

Just thought I'd update everyone, whatever was wrong with her seems to have passed thankfully.

We went to agility training today and she was running around without a bother :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

Except a bit peeved she couldn't get her usual sneaky treats from her buddies!

Except a bit peeved she couldn't get her usual sneaky treats from her buddies!

Haha yep she wasn't happy with me for that one... She can have loads after the comp next week :D

Advertisement