Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Information of a few suburbs

Options
  • 25-01-2012 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hi i'm looking at buying an apartment in Dublin..i've a limited budget but know very little about the areas i've seen within budget. This place will not be for me but still don't want an investment in a complete lawless part of time.

The places i've seen are in Park West, Collinstown/Neilstown Clondalkin, St Margarets road Finglas, Kilmahuddrick, Balgriffen

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

there is a reason they are within your budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭merlynthewizard

Yeah i know...all seem like newish apartments and would suit Social welfare tenants but are they really that bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

This is an investment property? What rental yields are you expecting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

If you are interested in an area, go there about 9 o'clock in the evening, and have a walk around. Get a feeling whether you be happy wandering to the shops there in the dark on a winters evening. Knock on the doors of the nextdoor neighbours of the place, and ask them what the area is like (also a good idea to figure out what kind of neighbours you might have...).

Good and bad areas can be right next to each other, so it's worth forgetting about the reputation of an area for a bit, and checking it out yourself. There is nothing worse than living next to the family from hell, but you never know what a place is really like until you see it for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

For all your info on Clondalkin, Neilstown etc.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76722317&utm_source=notification&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=notify#post76722317

It has its nices part and bad just like anywhere else.

• Advertisement
Advertisement