Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it so normal now that we don't even get excited by drug (recreational) factories?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭orangebud

lol i just read the article the guards need to learn some maths

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0125/breaking44.html
    About 5,000 cannabis plants valued at €1.5 million were discovered

€1.5million / 5000 = €300 a plant
    On January 9th, a 28-year-old Chinese national was arrested following the discovery of two grow houses containing 450 cannabis plants worth an estimated €180,000 in Mullingar, Co Westmeath.

€180,000 / 450 = €400 a plant
    A 33-year-old Chinese national was arrested in Athlone, Co Westmeath, on January 11th, when 300 plants valued at €125,000 were discovered at a grow house in Baylough, Athlone.

€125,000 / 300 = €416.66 a plant

This is now part of modern Ireland Love it or hate this plant is here to say & for a country that is renowned for wasting money, maybe we should have our gardai working on more serious crime (you can start with all the crooks in the dail)

as for the kids there little bastards around my area.... sh1t i turning into a old man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

I wonder will tv three be doing a documentary, 'Gangland Durrow'.
    we used to play 'spys' like An Ri Rua all over Durrow. Ya couldn do it now for fear of being plugged by a gangster:)
    seriously though, back to your question ARR, all the kids nowadays all have xboxs, playstations etc, a lot of different people moved out during the boom, with 'soft' kids, who would let them stray over the garden fence for fear of getting a scratch, and also back in 80's, even 90's a chap in a van was nearly unheard of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

orangebud wrote: »
    lol i just read the article the guards need to learn some maths

€1.5million / 5000 = €300 a plant
    €180,000 / 450 = €400 a plant
    €125,000 / 300 = €416.66 a plant

Obviously it depends on the quality and age of the plants... or so I've heard....your honour....

Advertisement