Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job Opportunities in Kinsale?

Options
  • 26-01-2012 5:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hello! My husband and I are looking into moving to Kinsale (on recommendation from a friend) in the next few years, and we were wondering how hard it is to find a job there at the moment? Naturally, it'll be a few years, so I know it'll be different if/when we get there; I'm just hoping to get a feel for how things are in the area. Also, if anyone has any other things they could just generally tell me about the Kinsale area, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks so much! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Impossible. Most local employment is in the restaurant trade, and the recession is hitting that very hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭donalh087

Very harsh Goldie Fish. It really depends on what the OP does and if it is a temporary move or permanent.

Eli Lilly are a very good local employer - if he has any bio-tech or pharma background he could be lucky here.

We are less than 30 minutes from Little Island and 1,000's of pharma jobs.

Avego are always looking for deep techie people (Java developers etc)

LSC looking for chemical engineers

What area does your hubby work OP?

(I do realise how crazy this is two years out)

30 minutes from Little Island? What type of helicopter do you use? It takes 30 minutes to get thru the Jack Lynch tunnel at peak time alone! Ely are indeed a great employer, but how often do they recruit general operators?
    It would help to know what the OP has a background in, in terms of employment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

30 minutes from Little Island? What type of helicopter do you use? It takes 30 minutes to get thru the Jack Lynch tunnel at peak time alone!

Very rarely anymore. If you travel before 7.30am there is no traffic and whether traffic or not it's 5 mins from Tunnel to Sardfield Rd RA. From there it's only 20 mins to Eli I suppose.

Try it sometime. Rush Hour starts at 7am and finishes at 10am at the Lee Tunnel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Try it sometime. Rush Hour starts at 7am and finishes at 10am at the Lee Tunnel.

Where is the build up? From which direction?

I go through the tunnel north/east bound every day and there is no traffic going in that ddirection.

Advertisement