Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ask about possibility of contract extension or sit tight and hope I’m asked to stay?

Options
  • 26-01-2012 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Was employed to cover maternity leave (6months) and my contract is up end of Feb. The Lady came back form maternity leave after Christmas and work is still hectic plus theres been another baby announcement. Should I ask my boss about an extension or sit tight and hope I’m asked to stay?Dont want to appear cheeky

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

TonyInch wrote: »
    Dont want to appear cheeky
    Then don't. :)

However there is a different between being cheeky and asking how the future work load is likely to proceed. Stopping to have a chat with your boss might be useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TonyInch

Thanks guys I went for it>
    Said to my supervisor,my contract is up next month, thanks for the opportunity & I really enjoyed the work,so please keep me in mid for a position in the future. Then asked, was there any loose ends to tie up in the final month?
    I preempted my supervisor getting a chance to discuss this with the MD but will find out one way or the other next week.

Advertisement