Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lurcher (Dog) on the run in Leixlip

Options
  • 26-01-2012 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

There's a brindle and white lurcher going around Leixlip this morning. It's in pretty poor condition but is very spooked and will run if you try to catch it.

Am hoping it'll go into someones garden or yard so if anyone sees or hears anything can they let me know please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Sadie.jpg

For anyone who hadn't a clue what she was talking about!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Thanks GD! The dog in question isn't quite as beautiful a specimen as that at the moment but that's the general idea :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Thanks for clearing that up, I thought it was a peeping Tom or something.

Update: Spotted again this afternoon heading from Glen Easton out towards Intel. So he's still in the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Does the dog have a collar..?. I may have seen the same dog in Sallins 2 or 3 weeks ago. While I was out jogging I spotted it. Tried to lure it but all attempts where unsuccessful as it ran away. tatty Brown collar , cream white, dirty and scraggy. Large. No road sense.

A dog like that could easily walk from town to town over the weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

It will have no problem chasing down a rabbit or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Chiron

I think I may have seen this guy in Celbridge. He was heading along the Ardclough road towards the bridge at around 21:30. By the time I had the car turned around there was no sign of him....

I will keep an eye out over the next few days.

Gsxr1 - no collar, he's mainly white with brindle patches and a patch of green spray/dye on his neck. Could be the same one though, collar may have fallen off and this dog has been out on it's own for a good while. If reports I got yesterday are the same dog then he could quiet easily cover that distance.

Chiron, had confirmed reports of him being around Castletown Est. in Leixlip yesterday at 1.30pm. Then got a call 2 hours later to say he was out at Lyons Est. just outside Celbridge. I'm not 100% it was the same dog but they insisted he had the green mark on him so perhaps and that would tie in with your sighting.

I came back that way into Celbridge yesterday but didn't see anything but will take a spin around at lunch. After trying to get him myself I'd say he's a candidate for trapping if I can narrow down his movements and find out where he's holing up at night.

Thanks for the updates!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

There is a missing lurcher from maynooth.If your on FB have a look at PAWS page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

boxerly wrote: »

AFAIK this is a different Lurcher. He was reunited with his owner today- a really nice lady took him in out of the cold last night, he was curled up in front of a fire with her own dog, apparently :D

The lurcher with the green paint was last seen running towards Newcastle on the road by the gates of the Lyons estate, and a friend of mine spotted him on Monday in around the Newcastle/Rathcoole area.

This poor fella is really doing the rounds :( Naas-Sallins-Leixlip-Celbridge-Lyons-Newcastle/Rathcoole. Hope he is sleeping somewhere warm :(

• Advertisement

boxerly wrote: »

Yeah, different lurcher. This little fella still on the run and no sightings since Monday.

Advertisement