Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini Marathon in B/Briggan on March 17th?

Options
  • 26-01-2012 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭

I (or rather my wife) found this on Balbriggan.info and was just wondering does anyone have any details on it?
    I know it says '..details to follow' but if it is a 20k as opposed to a mini marathon ,which is apparently 10k ,then I would imagine it would have to be run in the morn to avoid 'interaction with the parade.

'Balbriggan Cancer Support Group are having a women's mini marathon-20k in the town on the 17th March. Men are welcome to part take in the same if they wear blue or pink.

Further details to follow..
    .'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

I haven't heard about it but I'd be interested in more info also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

They seem to have corrected that this will be 10k rather than 20k, but more details are still to follow about how and where to enter, etc.

Link - http://www.balbriggan.info/events.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭merc230ce

I see this race is being held again this year. Does anyone have a course map? Or even just the directions that the 10k course takes?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭roro2

merc230ce wrote: »
    I see this race is being held again this year. Does anyone have a course map? Or even just the directions that the 10k course takes?

This is last year's route from another post in the athletics/running forum:
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/261466317

The organisation was a bit suspect last year, and the course distances weren't correct. They seem to be properly measured this year (AAI certified), so I suppose the routes could then be different as well.

Advertisement