Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC GSM Issue

Options
  • 26-01-2012 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi all,

Hope you can help, I have a HKC GSM Dialer which is attached to my HKC 8 zone alarm panel. I put an old pre-paid sim into the GSM unit and my issue is that occasionally the alarm is triggered and the panel says keypad tamper (actually cannot remember the exact message). I do know it is caused by people texting the sim and the alarm thinking that someone is trying to remotely arm/disarm the system as a result of not putting in the correct details. I know this because I had a friend text the number and he got a message saying that there were X number of attempts left.

Is there a way to tell the system to only reply or accept text from certain numbers? Or is there a way to switch off the remote arm/disarm via text? Any advice greatly appreciated?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

SDunne4 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Hope you can help, I have a HKC GSM Dialer which is attached to my HKC 8 zone alarm panel. I put an old pre-paid sim into the GSM unit and my issue is that occasionally the alarm is triggered and the panel says keypad tamper (actually cannot remember the exact message). I do know it is caused by people texting the sim and the alarm thinking that someone is trying to remotely arm/disarm the system as a result of not putting in the correct details. I know this because I had a friend text the number and he got a message saying that there were X number of attempts left.

Is there a way to tell the system to only reply or accept text from certain numbers? Or is there a way to switch off the remote arm/disarm via text? Any advice greatly appreciated?

The only way anyone else can do anything to the GSM is by knowing your user code. If they put in the wrong user code then you will only get a few tries till it blocks the use of the GSM, not sure for how long. If keypad tamper is the text off the GSM then check to make sure the keypad tamper is closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭SDunne4

altor wrote: »
    The only way anyone else can do anything to the GSM is by knowing your user code. If they put in the wrong user code then you will only get a few tries till it blocks the use of the GSM, not sure for how long. If keypad tamper is the text off the GSM then check to make sure the keypad tamper is closed.

Thanks Altor but what is discribed in this thread is exactly what is happening to me http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056534271 except in my case the "Code Tamper" is triggering the alarm to go off? Can i disable the alarm tamper from triggering the alarm?
    Any advice greatly appriciated

Thanks Altor but what is discribed in this thread is exactly what is happening to me http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056534271 except in my case the "Code Tamper" is triggering the alarm to go off? Can i disable the alarm tamper from triggering the alarm?
    Any advice greatly appriciated

If it is the case then I would recommend replacing the sim card in the GSM.

If it is the case then I would recommend replacing the sim card in the GSM.

Thanks again Altor. I was thinking that would solve the issue but if i was to replace the existing pre-pay sim with another will i not see the same issue. For example when you topup with say vodafone they they you to say that you have topped up. Also vodafone offers etc is there no way to only accept txts from certain number or turn off the code tamper alarm? Sorry for the stupid questions just looking for options.

Thanks again Altor. I was thinking that would solve the issue but if i was to replace the existing pre-pay sim with another will i not see the same issue. For example when you topup with say vodafone they they you to say that you have topped up. Also vodafone offers etc is there no way to only accept txts from certain number or turn off the code tamper alarm? Sorry for the stupid questions just looking for options.

Not unless they have this number also. I have never had an issue with all the GSMs I have installed over the years. People not activating the system or not topping up the credit would be the main issues. If you get on to the service provider they can and will block a number to your mobile number, maybe ask your question here with regards Vodafone, if anyone knows they will ;)

• Advertisement

Not unless they have this number also. I have never had an issue with all the GSMs I have installed over the years. People not activating the system or not topping up the credit would be the main issues. If you get on to the service provider they can and will block a number to your mobile number, maybe ask your question here with regards Vodafone, if anyone knows they will ;)

Thanks so much

Thanks so much

Your welcome, any other problems let us know.

Advertisement