Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

minicall pager system

Options
  • 26-01-2012 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

The minicall pager system (it was popular in the 1990) seems to have been discontinued in that last few months.

I tired making a few phone calls about it, but no one seems to know anything about it so I thought I'd try here. (Eirpage used to run it, but that company seems to no longer exist)

For those that don't remember, it was a pager that had no monthy fees and you could call a premuim rate number (at first is was a 1550 number, but that changed to 0822) and leave voice or numeric messages. Mine was in a watch (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pigpogm/496575784/) and it was very handy from time to time.

I'm not complaining, I got about 15 years of service for about the price of a €50 watch, I'm just wondering does anyone have any info on it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭unnamed

The minicall/paging service has indeed been discontinued as of last September [2011]

Advertisement