Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ORB GX1 Headset on GOW3

Options
  • 26-01-2012 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Does anybody have the instruction manual/setup for the ORB GX1 Headset?
    I have lost the instructions and can't seem to find anything when I google it.
    The problem is when playing Gears of War 3 I can't hear anybody talking, it looks like the mic is working.
    I tried the original mic and I can hear other players so I am just wondering is it the way I have it connected to the xbox and TV?
    I am using a HDMI cable and the green speaker jack is plugged into the audio outputs off the TV. Game sound is perfect.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

jocky wrote: »
    Does anybody have the instruction manual/setup for the ORB GX1 Headset?
    I have lost the instructions and can't seem to find anything when I google it.
    The problem is when playing Gears of War 3 I can't hear anybody talking, it looks like the mic is working.
    I tried the original mic and I can hear other players so I am just wondering is it the way I have it connected to the xbox and TV?
    I am using a HDMI cable and the green speaker jack is plugged into the audio outputs off the TV. Game sound is perfect.

Right, i have mine connected to my xbox as follows:

Xbox connected to the tv via HDMI with audio adaptor out (the grey block with the red/white connection)

This is in turn connected to the adaptor that came with the headset which allows you to connect the 3.5mm jack (green)

This is then connected the the green jack from the headset

The headset is plugged into the usb port for power, and into the mic port on the controller.

I would assume you have this much done so i think you have to change something in the settings, go to settings, preferences, voice, click play through headset.

That should do it i think

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭jocky

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Right, i have mine connected to my xbox as follows:

Xbox connected to the tv via HDMI with audio adaptor out (the grey block with the red/white connection)

This is in turn connected to the adaptor that came with the headset which allows you to connect the 3.5mm jack (green)

This is then connected the the green jack from the headset

The headset is plugged into the usb port for power, and into the mic port on the controller.

I would assume you have this much done so i think you have to change something in the settings, go to settings, preferences, voice, click play through headset.

That should do it i think

I have a similar setup to what you describe and have the settings as you say also.
    I have a slim xbox and am using a proper HDMI cable that you could use with a PC, blue ray player etc.
    I don't have the audio connector you describe but my tv has these outputs so that is what I am using. This should be the same thing as the block?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

jocky wrote: »
    I have a similar setup to what you describe and have the settings as you say also.
    I have a slim xbox and am using a proper HDMI cable that you could use with a PC, blue ray player etc.
    I don't have the audio connector you describe but my tv has these outputs so that is what I am using. This should be the same thing as the block?

This here is what i have http://swei.en.alibaba.com/product/505381856-200381312/2_RCA_to_3_5mm_Female_Jack_Audio_Y_Cable.html

It came with the headset and tbh iv never tried wothout it. Although i think your problem might be that you are trying to use the tv out sound instead of this? Is there anywhere you can get one of these?

foxerv1 wrote: »
    This here is what i have http://swei.en.alibaba.com/product/505381856-200381312/2_RCA_to_3_5mm_Female_Jack_Audio_Y_Cable.html

It came with the headset and tbh iv never tried wothout it. Although i think your problem might be that you are trying to use the tv out sound instead of this? Is there anywhere you can get one of these?

I have one of these connected to the outputs (came with the headset)of the TV and then the green speaker jack is connected to this (which is on the headphones), there is no problem with sound to the headphones.

Have this cable HDMI http://swei.en.alibaba.com/product/410230357-210842497/for_XBOX360_HDMI_to_HDMI_cable_1_4V_.html
    and then the bit above coming from outputs of TV

Have come to the conclusion it has to be something to do with the jack that plugs into the controller. If I use the original headset I can hear and they are only connected to the controller......
    I will check it out....

• Advertisement
Advertisement