Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tactic Against Abbey Defense

Options
  • 26-01-2012 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

map-abbey-1.jpg

I had a research for a couple days after our abbey-draw at final. It does seems like an ally going for draw at the final on a map is pretty common, as I saw a lot of draws on finals. Also as I know, the owner of a province still will have the province after a draw, so any clan may need to beat a defence twice for a map.

I had some brainstorm how to beat a defending team on Abbey. I have a suggestion.

Well, my first advice would be...skipping the province. A couple t10s at G-H 2,3 can stop advancing units and still could help to base from there, with their artillery support from south of them, without any fear of other enemy artillery. 2 tanks at G5 were also well placed in terms of view and counter artillery.

While I was writing down this, I did see a few "if" options, tried to eliminate them, surely I could not eliminate all. All welcome to flame and correct.

Now, one way I can think of, of course, going through east.

South side artillery can not shoot south of F7, if they are not placed on K8. If there is one artillery on K8, our artillery can not shoot others anyway, so need to focus on 8-9 line.

Like last time, we commence our attack on west, while a tank goes to east. It can be...I don't know, E100? Maus? Speed is not necessary at that point, but it should endure a few hits before artillery clears what's ahead of him. Artillery supports this tank, by trying to spot and kill enemy artillery and whatever in front of it.

Now, tricky part is, our main force at west needs to leave 3-4 behind and move to east side from the base (yes, long route, but meh), to the enemy side where they think only one tank with artillery support is moving.

If the scouting heavy reaches J8 by then, he waits the rest and move in towards the base, shielding others from G5. A TD might even turn to there and start beating those on G5, with having a strong frontal armor. While others go for the base.

At that point, enemy artillery would already moved to west side, or killed (hopefully). They would focus on their base and our west force with 3-4 will be in no danger from them. Now, for us, our artillery should focus on G-K 1-3. Good side for defenders is they can shoot to their base from high point, here we have a shootdown. Of course, at least 1 tanks should move on to west side to eliminate and spot remaining artillery. If he still survives, he can move to H1, from behind of our enemy there and go for any tank there with 1-2 tank we left at west earlier.

At that point those tanks at G-H 2-3 should be engaging with our tanks at the base, I think they are open for artillery fire. If any tank from G5 moves to their base, or ours, they are open for arty, even from behind. Any surviving tank from H1 engagement can join with the remaining heavy we left on west. Tanks at G-H 2-3 would be figting in 2 front at that moment.

Problems: Tanks on west may decide to move and push our west side, that can be eliminated by artillery support. If that happens, Attack on east can be frozen, also as we might need our assault force back to base, well it's leader's decision at this time, we can still go on for enemy base, it'll become a race.

Well I might add later, but works is calling

Comments

Advertisement