Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing pet hair from beds etc

• 26-01-2012 1:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

We have two dogs and a cat, and although the dogs are not allowed on the bed (or the couches) their hair gets everywhere. They cat may even be worse, and he sleeps where he pleases.

I find lint rollers ok, and nothing beats teh Dyson, but recently I saw a device featured on "It's me or the dog USA" which you brushed/rolled over the bedspread, and it collected the hair inside a little box which could then be emptied outside.

Does anyone know what this is, or failing that, have any way of quickly and easliy picking up the hair without me resorting to strapping the Dyson to my back 24/7?

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

I put on a rubber glove and wipe the surface - find it better than those lint rollers, and cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

same as Planetx I use the rubber gloves. the ones for washing up with the dimples on them or also those workwear gloves that come up every now and then in Aldi are very good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

planetX wrote: »
    I put on a rubber glove and wipe the surface - find it better than those lint rollers, and cheap!
    +1 i even use this cleaning the car as no hoover seems to do the job properly. If you dampen it slightly and rub your hand across the surface it picks up an amazing amount of hair really quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Squaredude

yup rubber glove really does the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

I use the a "palm" dog brush to remove hairs from a mat. It has a flat back and a strap attached to the back that you slot your hand through. its a bit like what you would use to brush a horse. i found it brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Tried a rubber glove today ... fantastic!
    Way more effective than anything else I've tried - thank you everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭saleda

Perhaps you were thinking of something like this?

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/New-Double-Sided-Reusable-Lint-Brush-Roller-Clothing-Furniture-Car-Interior-/220922783291?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item337006263b#ht_2914wt_1074

I had one of these for a while until it broke but I used it a lot! Black cat, cream duvet cover don't go together but it worked great. Back to using lint rollers now though, must try the rubber glove method ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭Kali_Kalika

In Homestores and More - the best device for pet hair (I've ever found!) is currently on sale for 4.99

Its basically just a rubber bristled brush and it brushes all the hair into a pile/ball and you can pick it up or hoover it up from there. I recently got a new living room furniture and despite both the dog and cat living on it (I joke you not!) after a few minutes of going over it with this and theres not a single hair left on any of it - and its a black suite so you'd surely notice it if there were!

I can't recommend it enough - and I've tried billions of these things - after the first time I used it and it worked so amazingly - I went back the next day and bought another 5 in case they break/vanish/discontinue them!

http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/brushes/furemover/invt/040644/

Advertisement