Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone Wifi Problems

Options
  • 26-01-2012 1:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

When I connect to eduroam or the WaveLAN network on my iPhone, the phone establishes a connection, but the connection is spotty and constantly stops working. This does not happen on my computer on the exact same networks. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭gradlife

It could be trying to connect to stronger wifi signals in the area the whole time, is there a way you can set eduroam as the preferred connection?

Also I'm presuming you've downloaded the firmware needed for eduroam on an iphone?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

mabts232 wrote: »
    When I connect to eduroam or the WaveLAN network on my iPhone, the phone establishes a connection, but the connection is spotty and constantly stops working. This does not happen on my computer on the exact same networks. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Its a long standing problem with iOS since they updated to 4. Sometimes it can just take time and seems VERY particular on signal strength.

Advertisement