Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appealing 2 week ban

Options
  • 26-01-2012 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭

Got slapped with a 2 week ban from the Soccer forum. I think it's a bit excessive and I'd like to appeal it.

In a nutshell, I dismissed a rival fan's arrogant assertion that my club's players are either "overrated", "have no end product" or are "fantastically average" - this immediately after my team had unceremoniously dumped Man City out of the League Cup. In dismissing his sore-loser broadside, I accused him of being a Man City fan which admittedly was a bit of an insult. Cue a barrage of attacks from a couple of malcontents.

Personally, I wouldn't be bothered reporting a couple of bad sports, who were accusing me of trolling and of being an arsehole etc. While those lads have probably been lashed with bans, I don't think my offence warranted 2 weeks in the cooler. I appealed to your man who sent me the ban details but he didn't come back to me so I thought I'd appeal it here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

Justice for the chessplayer! Y.N.W.A

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

I'll ask the Sports Cmod(s) to take a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

trout wrote: »
    I'll ask the Sports Cmod(s) to take a look.

Hi, any update on this? I emailed the mod the day after he gave out the ban and he only bothered his hole replying to me today. Personal grudge against me because I wouldn't put up with his chum riling me in the soccer forum. I've no problem with a ban just thought it was excessive, and obviously personal.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I know I'm not supposed to post on here but when someone lies to make me look like an asshole I'm gonna defend myself.
    Hi, any update on this? I emailed the mod the day after he gave out the ban and he only bothered his hole replying to me today. Personal grudge against me because I wouldn't put up with his chum riling me in the soccer forum. I've no problem with a ban just thought it was excessive, and obviously personal.

I banned you on the 26th. I was then on holidays from the 26th - 29th. with no internet access. I replied to you via PM on the evening of the 29th (Oz time) as soon as I returned.

I didn't hear anything back from you then until the evening of the 6th. I replied to you on the 7th. which was the next time I logged in.

Then you PM'd me on the 8th.

If an Admin/CMod wants I can report all these PM's to prove the times and dates.

Once again apologies for replying on thread.

Advertisement