Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking over an existing installation

Options
  • 26-01-2012 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

I'm not happy with the company who installed my wireless security system 16 months ago and would like to get another company to take over the account. The system is a Wisdom (Risco Group). Any recommendations?

Secondly, does anyone have a view on wireless vs. cabled systems?

Jimmy Gogola

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi,

I'm not happy with the company who installed my wireless security system 16 months ago and would like to get another company to take over the account. The system is a Wisdom (Risco Group). Any recommendations?

Secondly, does anyone have a view on wireless vs. cabled systems?

Jimmy Gogola

If your not happy there are plenty of installers who will take over your system.
    Try a few local and get prices of how much it will cost plus if there are call outs included in there maintenance.
    The only down side to wire free systems is having to replace batteries every couple of years. They both must conform to the same standard.
    Advantage of wire free is if you ever have problems with cables then wire free devices can be added easily. No mess, no fuss, as they say ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jimmy Gogola

Thanks Altor. I have spoken with a few who tell me that they need the installer's code to enable them modify the system and take it over. I don't want to have to install a whole new system but I might have to.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I have an idea who the company might be. PM me who installed it. If its who I think it is I've a few codes you can try.

Thanks Altor. I have spoken with a few who tell me that they need the installer's code to enable them modify the system and take it over. I don't want to have to install a whole new system but I might have to.

The system just needs to be reflashed and programmed by another installer. Replacing the system is not needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

If they look for the eng code hang up and ring another company as they clearly don't know the panel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Jimmy Gogola

Just a note to let you know that my alarm issue has been resolved. As suggested I did get the company to divulge the engineer's code (not immediately compliant but they caved in quickly under threat) and got another company to take it over. In the course of the change it was evident that the original installation was worse than I thought. I got the job done for a modest amount compared to the cost of a new installation. Thanks for the advice

Just a note to let you know that my alarm issue has been resolved. As suggested I did get the company to divulge the engineer's code (not immediately compliant but they caved in quickly under threat) and got another company to take it over. In the course of the change it was evident that the original installation was worse than I thought. I got the job done for a modest amount compared to the cost of a new installation. Thanks for the advice

Thanks for getting back to us Jimmy Gogola.

If that is the case you should of reported them to there certification body.
    There are standards that all systems installed by registered installers must comply to.

Advertisement