Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of schools

Options
  • 26-01-2012 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all :)

I tried to do a search in the parenting forum, but for whatever reason it's not working for me at the moment. Anyway! I was just wondering if anyone would know where I could find a list of private and semi-private secondary schools, around Dublin, Meath, and Louth?

I've tried googling, but I'm not finding what I'm looking for exactly. Any help would be much appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,605 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Hi Abi- not much use probably,but have you contacted the Dept of Ed?
    Also,the National Parents Council Post Primary- they might have a list of schools affiliated to them, usually better schools than non-affiliated ones.

Or post in regional forums,which you may already have done.

Good luck- you'd wonder sometimes why it's so difficult to access this information-surely without the children,these teachers would be unemployed- therefore it should be available everywhere.
    Mind boggles.

www.npcpp.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Semi-private secondary schools? Havn't heard of these! Are you looking for all boys/girls or co-ed OP? Also are you interested in boarding schools?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Have found this list on the department of education website. There is a key at the bottom outlining fee-paying schools and boarding schools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Lola92 wrote: »
    Have found this list on the department of education website. There is a key at the bottom outlining fee-paying schools and boarding schools.
    Thanks to you both, very helpful :)

Preferably all boys Lola.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Gormanstown College in Meath/ North county dublin
    the Grammar in Drogheda the marsh road.

Gormanstown is very sporty, ratio of boys to girls is very high.

The Grammar has a good name academically. Mixed again.

Both you can pay in installments or outright for the school term.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement