Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post registered letter not delivered

Options
  • 26-01-2012 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

just wondering, does anyone know what happens to a registered letter that is not delivered (I don't have a return address on it).

The update on the An Post tracking site this morning went from 'ATTEMPTED DELIVERY - NO ANSWER AT ADDRESS' to 'ITEM IN DEPOT'.

Its a business address in Tallaght.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭caroline72

Think they get a slip which they then have to bring with them to the depot where they collect it in person.
    OmegaRed wrote: »
    Hi All,

just wondering, does anyone know what happens to a registered letter that is not delivered (I don't have a return address on it).

The update on the An Post tracking site this morning went from 'ATTEMPTED DELIVERY - NO ANSWER AT ADDRESS' to 'ITEM IN DEPOT'.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

If it's not collected within 3 days, it's sent back. If there's no return address, they send it to the place in Roscommon (?) where they're allowed open post for the purposes of sending it back but it takes quite a long time.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

OmegaRed wrote: »
    Hi All,

Similar happened to us a few months back, the recipient was on vacation and no return address, we contacted the An post helpline they said they will try for longer than 3 days, as there was no reply after a week they return it to us to the address we gave them over the phone.

You can also contact the recipient by phone or email and let them know, if in Tallaght will probably be in the shorting office in East Belgard Square

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

Call customer services with your tracking number handy,chances are the returns letter office has it,they will open it to see if there is a return address.
    I work as a postman and it amazes me the amount of registered and swift post items that don't have return addresses and insufficient destination addresses.If you are going to the expense of reg or swift ,just double check the address and stick your own on the back marked "sender".
    P.S. keep on checking track and trace to see if it is collected by the addressee ,have to wait till Monday though as D.O.'s are closed on weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ciano12345

I have the same problem but no slip left for registered letter, not in his local post office where else could it be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

Ciano ' if you get the tracking number you get when you posted it,go to the An Post website and go to "Track item". This will give you the items history including current location.

Advertisement