Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New cheap rig

Options
  • 26-01-2012 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭

Hey, have a mate who wants to play the new star wars mmo. He was goina go to pc world to buy a pc but I told him he wouldnt have a hope of gettin somethign decent for 400 euro which is all he has at the moment so.....
    1. What is your budget? 400 euro
    2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Playin SWTOR
    3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No
    4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? I can loan him a graphics card if we cant fit one into budget
    5. Do you need a monitor? Maybe a cheap 2nd hand one.
    6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No will be able to pick up a mouse and keyboard and stuff like that myself for him
    7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No
    8. How can you pay? Credit Card/Laser
    9. When are you purchasing? ASAP
    10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Il be able to build for him

The min specs for the game arent much so hopefully should be able to get one built under budget
    SWTOR MIN SPECS
    OS - Windows XP, Vista/7
    CPU - AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better
    RAM - Windows XP: 1.5GB Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB PCs using a built-in graphical chipset, 2GB RAM recommended.
    Video - ATI X1800 or better* nVidia 7800 or better* Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better*
    DVD-ROM - 8x or better *Minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM and Shader 3.0 or better support.

Thanks!!

Edit: I think I have a DVD drive too but il have to double check when I get home!

Comments

Advertisement