Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good LAN games for 10-15 year age range?

Options
  • 26-01-2012 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi

Opening up a new pc suite with 16 pcs next week, in a youth center.

One of the suggestions from staff is that the kids be able to play LAN/Network games against each other.

Age range of kids is between 10-15 mainly.

Couple of questions.

Can anyone suggest any good LAN games I could download and install, that would allow multiple pcs on the LAN to play against each other.

Also, games that as much as possible avoid overt violence (So no Quake for instance!)

Games that are freeware would be ideal, second option is torrents of copyrighted games,, but if can avoid would like to?

I’ve only got a week, to get this sorted, so the more suggestions the better, you’d be helping me out of a hole, as I’m struggling to find suitable games for 10-15 years as they're usually typical FPS shoot-em-ups which don’t really fit.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Also, games that as much as possible avoid overt violence (So no Quake for instance!)

the problem here is 90% of LAN games are usually shooters. TeeWorlds as above it a cutesy one but still a shooter.

Possible something from a strategy point of view like Command and conquer? I don't know how well 10yr olds might pick it up though.....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

A THOUSAND TIMES TEEWORLDS! It's about as violent as Tom and Jerry.

Trackmania Nations - silly and fun time-trial based arcade racer is a must have too - it's also free and allows you to create your own tracks which might be a nice group exercise.

RedXIV is right though, most of the decent LAN games are shooters or involve armies (I'm thinking of Age of Empires, Starcraft, Command & Conquer).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I believe Trackmania is good over LAN. Freeware version available too:
    http://games.softpedia.com/get/Games-Demo/Trackmania-Nations-Full-Free-Game.shtml

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Closing this thread. OP is asking for torrents to copyrighted games. Read the charter next time.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement