Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lanber Shotgun Reviews

Options
  • 26-01-2012 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi all,

Thinking of buying a Lanber repeater Shotgun. They are usually 3 shot but are some of them bored out to take 5 catridges.

Are they a good gun etc. ?? Roughly what would a clean 2nd hand one cost??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

Hi all,

Thinking of buying a Lanber repeater Shotgun. They are usually 3 shot but are some of them bored out to take 5 catridges.

Are they a good gun etc. ?? Roughly what would a clean 2nd hand one cost??

I don't think you bore them! :eek:
    Most SA shotguns either have a wee rod in the magazine tube to take them down to irish specs or have the tube crimped. I'm not sure which one a Lanber is...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

I had one, you can take a part out of the magazine tube but this is illegal.

I got rid of mine beacause it wouldn't cycle 28gram clay shells and it was heavy for a game gun.

Save up your money for a second hand Berreta Ulrika or Browning Fusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭rabbit assassin

Personally dont like the Lanber semi auto shotguns :confused: The release button for the bolt I think threw me off as it looked very out of place. One pro is they are a very lightweight gun but this can be a con if your firing heavy loads.
    I havent heard anything bad about them to be honest. Theres a few in my local dealer €650 new and the second hand ones are about €350-€400.

Second hand semi autos can be got for very good money alot I have seen under €400

Definitely worth it to shop around

One pro is they are a very lightweight gun but this can be a con if your firing heavy loads.

They are in their hole lightweight!:rolleyes: its the other way around they are heavy and have problems firing light loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Hunter21

They are in their hole lightweight!:rolleyes: its the other way around they are heavy and have problems firing light loads.

So you've held every single Lanber s/a that they ever made have you!?
    Not every Lanber semi is heavy or any all of their double barrels, they make some fine value for money guns. Mates have two of there semis and they are grand and light would walk all day with it and will cycle light loads.

• Advertisement

Hunter21 wrote: »
    So you've held every single Lanber s/a that they ever made have you!?
    Not every Lanber semi is heavy or any all of their double barrels, they make some fine value for money guns. Mates have two of there semis and they are grand and light would walk all day with it and will cycle light loads.

So what models do your friends have?

So what models do your friends have?

I don't go around listing model numbers off the top of my head sorry, but I'll try find out.

Hunter21 wrote: »
    I don't go around listing model numbers off the top of my head sorry, but I'll try find out.

Don't bother:rolleyes:.

I've had a Lanber O/U and Victoria S/A ( I don't know what the model numbers were either), I found the semi to be to be a bit heeavy as a game gun and when shooting clays a failed to cycle 28gram shells.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

I have a Remington 1196 SA. Low recoil & lightweight, recommended. Scarce enough im let to believe though

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FOXHUNTER1

I had one, you can take a part out of the magazine tube but this is illegal.

It's not illegal but if you want to use it with the plug removed you must have a restricted licence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

Have used a Lamber semi for clays in the past - whichever model it was, it had no problem cycling a 28gram load, and it was a light gun. Cycled quick and clean everytime.

Never used it for anything heavier though so can't speak for it's performance in the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

FOXHUNTER1 wrote: »
    It's not illegal but if you want to use it with the plug removed you must have a restricted licence.

Quite right it falls under a restricted firearm but even if its licensed as restricted you cant use it for anything other than vermin or clays. (wild life act)

Quite right it falls under a restricted firearm but even if its licensed as restricted you cant use it for anything other than vermin or clays. (wild life act)

Have you that section of the firearms act cavan shooter that we can refer to?
    I'm not doubting you just need it to prove a point to a mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Farmlife

Never knew that, of what you know have many people got a restricted licence for that reason, after all there's nothing major you can do extra with any more than 3 in the pipe, unless your a trick shooter for beretta or benelli

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

had a lanber semi auto think it was a victoria. was a great gun would cycle short brass cheapest clay shells i could get no badger. nice lightweight gun lanbers really fit me well,shouldnt og got rid of it,couldnt miss a thing with it unlike sam in emmerdale:p

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭TossL1916

would any of ye happen to have a full or modified choke for a lanber s/a lying around? Or know where i could source one?
    Cheers

TossL1916 wrote: »
    would any of ye happen to have a full or modified choke for a lanber s/a lying around? Or know where i could source one?
    Cheers

Any good gun dealer would get them for you, if not they'll have a stash of old ones in there shop- just ask them to check the thread patterns and hope you find one.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭TossL1916

Thanks Hunter, i,ll ring around tomorrow

Advertisement