Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Repairing Ripped Jeans

• 26-01-2012 3:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭

I recently ripped a pair of new jeans across the knee from a fall and was wondering if their is any place in Dublin specializing in repairing ripped jeans?

These are a really expensive pair of jeans that I sometimes wear to work (with a shirt and shoes etc) so they need to look perfect and not patched up or crudely stitched.

Does anyone know of a really good tailor or repair shop?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

There are places that will fix them well, but something that big, across such a large area in a prominent place that gets a fair bit of wear anyway, i can't see how you're going to get it to look like nothing ever happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

That's my fear. It's a 4 inch diagonal clean rip that is very straight. I realise that getting them to look 100% perfect is virtually impossible but even if they were repaired so the work was barely detectable unless it was closely inspected I wouldn't really mind.

They are actually brand new and would cost around €200 in Ireland (I got them for less then half of the in New York) so I obviously don't want to just discard them because of a little rip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

This guy is brilliant, you can post them over
    http://www.thedenimdoctor.co.uk/7.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Cheers for that, he seems to go a great job and repairing denim. I wouldn't be comfortable sending them away to be repaired though, I was thinking more of a place in Dublin where I could drop them in then pick them up again when they're done.

Advertisement