Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animation evening classes

Options
  • 26-01-2012 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi all,

I'm putting together a lesson plan to teach traditional animation for beginners and I was just hoping to gauge if there was any demand for such a thing in Dublin.

The course is aimed at people who have intermediate drawing skills and are interesting in getting into animation either as a hobby or as career. Rather than trying to teach you how to use a program, I will be teaching you the fundamental principles of animation which can later be applied to any media (stop-motion, 2d digital or 3d digital) if you are interested in progressing further.

The course will take place over 12 weeks, with one 2 hour session per week. Equipment will be supplied.

So is anyone here interested, or would you think there is any demand for this in Dublin at the moment?

If you want to see more you can check out my website: http://daviddelany.blogspot.com/p/teaching.html

Animation for Beginners is an 12 week course of evening classes where you will learn the 12 basic principles of animation:
    • Squash and stretch
    • Anticipation
    • Staging
    • Straight ahead action and pose to pose
    • Follow through and overlapping action
    • Slow in and slow out
    • Secondary action
    • Timing
    • Exaggeration
    • Solid Drawing
    • Appeal

These 12 principles of animation were established by Disney legends: the nine old men. Over the course of the program you will learn these principles through a series of exercises, and by the end of the 12 weeks you will not only have a set of new skills, and a show-reel of your work, but by learning the basic fundamentals of animation, you will be able to apply them to any area by taking more advanced courses in stop motion, 2D digital or 3D digital animation.

Courses will be in Dublin city, venue TBA

€300 per person. 10 students per course. Basic/Intermediate drawing skills required.

Recommend a friend and get 25% off. Recommend 4 friends and you can attend for free!

See contact page for details.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 DuaneBenzie

I notice there's been quite a few views but no replies. Should I take it to mean that the price is too high? If there is enough interest I can run more than one class and the fee per student would be considerably less.

Feedback is appreciated!

The Price has been set at €200 per student

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Debunker

Hey, just curious is this has this kicked off yet?

Hey Debunker,

Thanks for showing interest. I've had a few people enroll, but not a whole class so it hasn't started yet, but it looks like it will be fully subscribed in a week or two. I put together a facebook page and added a form to the page on my blog if you want to go ahead and reserve a place.

Thanks

David

Advertisement