Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX 360 VGA AV HD Cable in Limerick

Options
  • 26-01-2012 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi,

I looking to get my hands on an official XBOX 360 HD VGA cable in Limerick

41OiKHdt7TL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I've rang Game, GameStop, and HMV with no joy.
    I was onto Maplin but they are out of stock at the moment.
    If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them, I can get it easily online but I'm in a bit of a rush as I need to test it out on a new monitor as is won't pick up any signal coming from the HDMI output of my xbox no matter what cables I use.
    The Xbox works fine on my other DELL U2211 monitor in when I use a HDMI cable with a DVI converter and also with a HDMI cable that has a straight DVI connection converter built in.
    Both cable set ups listed above work fine on my new monitor (ASUS PA238Q) when I have my laptop hooked up to it.
    Only thing I can think of doing is forget about using the HDMI or DVI inputs on my new monitor, and getting my hand on the AV VGA cable and hoping that will work. If not I'll probably send it back, I bought it off Amazon so my window for returning is smaller hence the rush!
    Thanks for any help offered.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kman

Currys/PC World , Smyths, Hardly Normals ??

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

would a third party one not do the same job.
    Can be easily got in pc world

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

they have the third party make in the maplin in galway if you fancy a spin up.
    i bought one last week and it works fine, gold plated etc. 25 notes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Razedtothegroun

Picked up a 3rd party one in Game about 2 weeks ago. €7 and works perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭xo_CHEWY_ox

spotted them in harvey norman limerick a couple of weeks ago. might be worth checking there, i doubt they would be all sold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Sorry to root out this thread a few months old.
    My young brother has an xbox 360 but he plays it on an old crt portable monitor.
    I have a spare Dell 2007WFP that I want to give him, if I buy him a 360 to VGA cable, will he be ok with that or will he need additional cables for sound? Pretty sure there are no speakers on that 2007WFP.

Appreciate any advice.
    He has been having a hard time lately in general and really would like to do him this favour and get it going for him on a proper screen.

Thanks
    irish

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭kenyard

there wont be sound in the monitor no. thats what the white and red cable above are for (right and left stereo sound)

you would need to hook them up to something which has audio in such as a dvd surround system etc... quite a few stereos or hi-fi's whatever you want to call them would have the audio in also, or an aux in, which you could get a cheapish connection for. (converts the red and white so they plug into something like a headphone jack but for audio in, maybe you have one in your car etc...

im actually surprised the above cable exists. very random. and useful for cases like this i guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

I use a monitor for my xbox and use the xbox vga cable.
    If he uses a pair of headsets that use the RCA/phono cables [red white cables], such as the turtlebeach or tritton headsets, then you not not need any addition cabling to use them. If you want a pair of speakers, you will have to get a RCA/phono to 3.5mm converter which are common enough in music or computer shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Thanks a million for that guys. Appreciate the advice!

Advertisement