Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDF an AutoCAD drawing - JPEG missing

Options
  • 26-01-2012 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi,

i have attached jpeg images on an autoCAD drawing. (autoCAD LT 2009)

When i print the drawing, everything is fine, but when i go to convert the drawing to PDF, the jpeg disappears.

can anyone help?

regards,
    Jo
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Download free pdf writer called Bullzip PDF

Print drawing using this as your driver.

We use it here at work and it never gives us any problems compared to some of the other ones we've used. CutePDF I think was another good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭DvB

jocotty wrote: »
    Hi,

i have attached jpeg images on an autoCAD drawing. (autoCAD LT 2009)

When i print the drawing, everything is fine, but when i go to convert the drawing to PDF, the jpeg disappears.

can anyone help?

regards,
    Jo
    `

Are you looking to create a PDF from an autocad drawing or are you trying to convert a jpeg into a PDF?

If you're simply trying to create a PDF, as mentioned above, download a free PDF printer such as cute PDF. Easily found online & very handy for PDF's up to A0 in size.

If however you have software that converts an existing jpeg to PDF surely by converting it & i assume, retaining the same drawing name the original will disappear? Otherwise you'll need to save the new drawing as a different name in order to keep both.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭jocotty

DvB wrote: »
    `

Are you looking to create a PDF from an autocad drawing or are you trying to convert a jpeg into a PDF?

If you're simply trying to create a PDF, as mentioned above, download a free PDF printer such as cute PDF. Easily found online & very handy for PDF's up to A0 in size.

thanks for that. yes, im looking to create a pdf from an autoCAD drawing - and to do this i downloaded some software. it all works fine, the only thing is - when the autocad drawing is pdf'd, the jpeg images that i attached to the drawing are missing.
    its somethign to do with binding the images or something, but i cant figure it out!
    any ideas? :confused:

Jo

thanks for that. yes, im looking to create a pdf from an autoCAD drawing - and to do this i downloaded some software. it all works fine, the only thing is - when the autocad drawing is pdf'd, the jpeg images that i attached to the drawing are missing.
    its somethign to do with binding the images or something, but i cant figure it out!
    any ideas? :confused:

Jo

When you import the jpeg images into your drawing what layer are they on? Is it a layer that wont print? defpoints or 0 for example.

Other than that i cant think of anything as i've never had a problem creating a PDF when i've had jpeg images included in an autocad layout. The file size can be quite large though when such a pdf is created.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

When you import the jpeg images into your drawing what layer are they on? Is it a layer that wont print? QUOTE]

well, i dont actually import the images as such, i just click on "image" under the "blocks and references" taps, and then select the jpeg, and it opens.
    i can print the drawings ok, but its when i convert them to PDF, that the jpegs go missing. there must be some way to "Bind" the image to the drawing??!!, so that the image itself becomes part of the drawing, as appose to it being an external path name??!!

• Advertisement

When you import the jpeg images into your drawing what layer are they on? Is it a layer that wont print? QUOTE]

well, i dont actually import the images as such, i just click on "image" under the "blocks and references" taps, and then select the jpeg, and it opens.
    i can print the drawings ok, but its when i convert them to PDF, that the jpegs go missing. there must be some way to "Bind" the image to the drawing??!!, so that the image itself becomes part of the drawing, as appose to it being an external path name??!!

If you can print the drawing with the jpegs attached on paper theres no reason why it shouldn't plot to a PDF as you'd be using the same plot style so i'm afraid i'm stuck, if the images were on a layer set not to print they'd not appear on the hard plots either so thats not the reason. Sorry mate, nothing else i can think of.

If you can print the drawing with the jpegs attached on paper theres no reason why it shouldn't plot to a PDF as you'd be using the same plot style so i'm afraid i'm stuck, if the images were on a layer set not to print they'd not appear on the hard plots either so thats not the reason. Sorry mate, nothing else i can think of.

no, there on the same layer as the rest. ok thanks anyway.

Advertisement