Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edimax repeater (Vodafone)

Options
  • 26-01-2012 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

My friend and his neighbour share a VF broadband connection (recessionary times :) )

The VF ADSL router is in his neighbours house and my friend uses an Edimax repeater so he can access the wireless network. They are having an intermittent issue, it appears, with the Edimax repeater. Connection is lost via the repeater but my friend can still access the VF wireless network (if he is sitting on his stairs :D ). He can connect via the repeater so the settings are correct but it seems the connection is being dropped on a regular basis.

I must also point out that they have been having loss of connection issues with the VF router itself. The router has been replaced by VF but the problem is still there. Any ideas what could be causing the repeater issue when the VF connection is still good?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Not a broadband issue. Thread moved to Wireless forum.

Advertisement