Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Trade References

Options
  • 26-01-2012 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭

How do you go about getting trade references for potential suppliers?
    Particularly if you're a relatively new business, who haven't established credit terms with anyone else?
    Is it just a matter of dealing with the same supplier a number of times, building up to the point where you get credit terms with them, and then asking them for a reference?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Pay up front with a few suppliers for a while until you build up trust. That's the way I had to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

deman wrote: »
    Pay up front with a few suppliers for a while until you build up trust. That's the way I had to do it.

That's pretty much how I imagine most people do it.

If it's just a "trade" reference as opposed to a "credit" reference then it's slightly easier

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Thanks folks, figured that was probably how it works but just wondered was I missing something!

Advertisement