Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No copies of certificates

Options
  • 26-01-2012 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

I have decided to apply for a course but i cant find my leaving cert certificate and the certificate of a 4 year apprenticeship i done as the deadline is fast approaching can i complete the form and send on copies of these when i recieve them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

bizzyb wrote: »
    I have decided to apply for a course but i cant find my leaving cert certificate and the certificate of a 4 year apprenticeship i done as the deadline is fast approaching can i complete the form and send on copies of these when i recieve them?

If you apply online you have 7 days from the date CAO receive your application to submit all postal documents. EDIT: CAO will give you till 7th Feb to get certs in. (Thanks to Ronano for checking this out with CAO :) )

You can order a copy of your LC results from the State Exams commission in Athlone; http://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ca&sc=sor. It costs €14.50 to get a copy of the cert, which can take about 2 weeks to come out however they will give you your old Leaving Cert number over the phone if you give them your name, dob and name of the relevant school.

If you did a FETAC level 5 / 6 Cert between 2002 and 2011 you are asked on the application for your PPS number. This allows CAO to access your results from FETAC. However its still a good idea to include certs where you have them.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement